Bar-K / JT BB
HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS - Printable Version

+- Bar-K / JT BB (https://bar-k.org)
+-- Forum: Our Community Bulletin Boards (https://bar-k.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: Bar-K Ranch / Jamestown / Ward BB (https://bar-k.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS (/showthread.php?tid=1972)

HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS - Will L - 03-31-2023

Hi. We've been in touch with the Fedex contact for the supervisor for the woman who "delivers" Fedex ground in the Bar K. We've told him that she has an inadequate vehicle and tires, and that she makes no attempt to deliver to our home, leaving packages at the side of our driveway that is not even on our property. We've talked with her, and she says that's all she's ever doing to do, even though UPS delivers to our door and walks packages down our driveway when there's too much snow. If you've been steamed at the poor service, contact FEDEX customer service and ask for the supervisor of contract delivery people for our area. The number previously listed here was a personal cell number. We did not know that. So, it is not to be given out. Thanks for understanding.

RE: HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS - Steven B in PV - 04-01-2023

(03-31-2023, 01:01 PM)Will L Wrote: Hi. We've been in touch with the Fedex contact for the supervisor for the woman who "delivers" Fedex ground in the Bar K. We've told him that she has an inadequate vehicle and tires, and that she makes no attempt to deliver to our home, leaving packages at the side of our driveway that is not even on our property. We've talked with her, and she says that's all she's ever doing to do, even though UPS delivers to our door and walks packages down our driveway when there's too much snow. If you've been steamed at the poor service, contact FEDEX customer service and ask for the supervisor of contract delivery people for our area. The number previously listed here was a personal cell number. We did not know that. So, it is not to be given out. Thanks for understanding.

A few days ago I talked with the FedEx delivery fellow who had come to make a delivery.  I noted that his truck wore good snow tires and he replied that it also had 4WD for the times it was needed.

It may be that your driver needs a more appropriate vehicle. 

Mini hijack here:

My personal vehicles all wear studded snow tires in winter.  They make a huge difference in safety and security when driving the mountain roads.  The accidents that happen on the Overland switchbacks and Lee Hill are all preventable.  A second set of tires is a lot cheaper than an insurance claim or hospital visit.  Just sayin'.

Studs, baby, studs!

RE: HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS - Will L - 04-01-2023

Hi Steven,
You may have talked with the Fedex Air driver. They have good vehicles. They are Fedex employees. The Fedex Ground folks, at least as I've been told by the Fedex Air guy, are contract workers. It seems Fedex does a poor job of equipping or supervising their contract people. This particular driver here skips by everybody's house. As for tires, I change my snows every 2 years. I can't put studs on my Subaru WRX, but I've been here 8 years and Michelin ICX works for me. I agree that studs are the best if you can put them on. 
Will

RE: HELP SOLVE FEDEX DELIVERY PROBLEMS - Steven B in PV - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 10:46 PM)Will L Wrote: Hi Steven,
You may have talked with the Fedex Air driver. They have good vehicles. They are Fedex employees. The Fedex Ground folks, at least as I've been told by the Fedex Air guy, are contract workers. It seems Fedex does a poor job of equipping or supervising their contract people. This particular driver here skips by everybody's house. As for tires, I change my snows every 2 years. I can't put studs on my Subaru WRX, but I've been here 8 years and Michelin ICX works for me. I agree that studs are the best if you can put them on. 
Will

Thanks for the clarification, Will.  I hope you get it worked out.  Spring is coming so things should get better.  Time heals problems.  (WRX in the canyons!)

We had some delivery problems with a USPS route carrier who wore poor OEM all season tires on his new Ford AWD SUV.  A fine fellow, but he would get stuck in 4" of snow. I towed him out 3 times.  He wouldn't deliver if I hadn't plowed the 3-5 inches from the mailbox approach.  Our current carrier has a brute Jeep with proper tires, and nothing keeps him from his appointed rounds.