Internet options in the area
Hey everyone - I am curious what internet everyone is using and whether or not you are happy with your service.

I have been using Nedernet and have been generally pretty happy with the service.  While the speeds aren't great it has been fairly reliable.  I just got "confirmed" for Starlink and would love to hear if anyone around here has experience with Starlink service before I commit to the big upfront costs ($500+).

There is also another option that will be coming to the area in the next few years that looks promising: https://ayvanetworks.com/net/app 

I have been in contact with Nick, the CEO of AYVA, and he mentioned Ward was on the roadmap for 2024, but that could get bumped up if enough residents in the area expressed interest.
We have Starlink.  It has worked the best so far of all of the other current options.
128 Mbps download
6 Mbps upload

Just checked
Cal-wood just got Starlink and it's life-changing for our business to have real internet speed! It's pricey, and it took a long time of waiting, but we're happy with it!
I just got Starlink.  Have had Nedernet, but at $75/month & service so poor I had no wi-fi calling or streaming and app updates for my photo processing apps would take all night (if I was lucky), Starlink was a no-brainer, even though I have yet to mount it high for best reception. 

You should download the app & use the "check for obstructions" to see how plausible it is for your location.  You need a clear horizon as well as to the north for best satellite tracking.
For us, Starlink has been a real game-changer and is completely worth the added cost.  We've gone from a 1.5 Mbps download speed on CenturyLink DSL to 150 Mbps on Starlink.  It feels like we've joined the rest of the modern world!  

The only downside is that occasionally, the connection will drop for 3-15 seconds, which interrupts calls over WiFi, Zoom, etc.  But we don't have a perfectly unobstructed view of the sky, and we expect the service to improve as coverage grows.  In the meantime, we upgraded to the larger business-tier antenna, and that has minimized the drop-outs tremendously. 

Your mileage may vary, of course!  Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »