SnakeBytes - Sad News
Buddy just notified me that the Reverend Cosmo T. Clown, aka Jim Babcock, has left this earthly coil and truly joined the Cosmos at large.  Many older Jimbillies  well remember Jim's gentle humor, bodacious dobro picking, infamous musical seances with the Jimtown Prehistoric Jugband, psychedelic sorties into the unknown, fabulous balloon animals, presiding over many local marriages, christenings, and beer-crackings. He was also a well loved preschool and elementary teacher and deeply knowlegible blues  scholar.  He was the prelate for a group of nefarious group of semi-misfits known as the Deacons who will have to go back to remedial bumpercar school in his absence. Lift a few to him, he will be missed and revered as long as there is a spark of life left in the heart of Jimtown. SvH

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Lynn ~

Thanks for the POST!  I did not know Jim but I knew Cosmo the Clown from downtown Boulder back in the Hippie Daze!
Wish I had!  I would have loved to talk The Blues, slide guitar and all things musical and mystical with him.  I love the photo of him playing
the Saw!  I also  noticed a JayHawk flag in the background!  Rock Chalk JayHawk my Brother, Rest in Peace Cosmo the Clown AKA Jim!
Cosmo... one of the original "Mosquitos".  Not many left now to when a bunch of flatland hippies moved to Jimtown in the summers of 76,77. The local old guard didn't like to see that but figured it was a passing fad saying the damn hippies are like mosquitos... that they would go away when winter arrived. Sorry but we're still here, only now minus one. RIP Cosmo
            Re/  "The Mosquitos"  -  Shortly after the Great Cletus Weins Goat Fiasco, The jug band mounted this giant mosquito on the hood of Robbie Quint's old Ford or Dodge truck (along with a putrifying catfish head provided by Cletus or some other Kanzite if I remember right) and played "The Battle of New Orleans" on the flatbead trailer as our entry in the 4th of July Parade. That's Cosmo T, also known as the Reverand Zambini on occasion, seated and playing the Dobro in the jugband photo. Those times in the Seventies were pretty danged whacky. SvH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »