Jamestown: Free Fire Mitigation for Selected Properties
Jamestown 
Hi folks!

My name is Chiara Forrester, and I'm the Forest Program Manager with the Left Hand Watershed Center. I'm reaching out because as you may already know, we're working to collaboratively plan a fire mitigation project with the community of Jamestown. When a fire arrives, this project will provide a critical location for safe deployment of firefighters, reduce risk to the Jamestown community and surrounding areas, and decrease the likelihood of high-severity fire and its impacts to water resources and ecosystem health. This project will provide free fire mitigation to selected private and public properties. This project is funded by the St. Vrain and Left Hand Water Conservancy District, which is bringing taxpayer dollars straight back to the community.

We were so grateful to all those who showed up at our Kick-Off Meeting on Tuesday at the Jamestown Town Hall. We heard so many amazing visions and goals held by members of the Jamestown community, and are excited to collaborate with property owners and the town to develop our fire mitigation project. We were heartened to hear all how caring for the land and community each of you are.

If you’re not familiar with this project yet, please check out the informational packet which includes all project details and go to our website for all resources related to this project, including notes from, and a recording of, the kick-off meeting. 

If you’re interested in taking part the next step is to sign up for a first property tour with myself and the foresters from the Boulder Valley and Longmont Conservation District to discuss desired future conditions, questions, and concerns at: Calendly - Left Hand Watershed Center. To take part, you'll need to sign the Participation Agreement that's posted on our website.

Please don’t hesitate to email or call me anytime with questions, concerns, or conversations that you’d like to have.

I’m so grateful to you all for your care for, and dedication to, the community and ecosystem, and I look forward to collaborating and learning with you all.

Sincerely,
Chiara
720-745-3160
cforrester@watershed.center
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »