Bear Sighting! 15th St/Golden Age
Bear Sighting 9:30AM 5/25 near 28 15th St/Golden Age - bear looked smaller, our 20lb dog Russel decided to chase it off and with us yelling and chasing after him I think we gave it a good fright! Dodgy
Claire G ~

Thanks for the BEAR post!  What "color" was our Bear?  Bigger than a dog?  

Thanks Russell for doing your duty!  And thanks Claire for chasing him off. 

OUR BEARS need to know that it is NOT OK, to hang around town. For THEIR OWN GOOD!
It is the "Young Bears" that we need to be forceful with before they become troublesome KnuckleHeads and get into trouble.

Save Our Bears JT !

Live and Let Live

~ SOB john
We had a fairly large bear outside of our house yesterday. We’re just west of town (about half a mile) on overland. We’re fairly new to the area. Any tips for scaring them away? Are noise makers a good solution?
Kblase ~   

Thanks for the INTEL.  What color was your Bear?  You state large, bigger than a German Shepherd Dog? Let me know please.

Noise makers (i have an inexpensive air horn) bang pots/pans together.  Shout at the Bear to go away. Throw rocks. 
Some use paintball guns, just do not ever shoot a bear in the face!  OTHER END please.  CPW disapproves as well.

Typically, they do not go far away, unless you are like me, and I keep chasing them as long as I can keep up.
Which is usually not too long.  They can really move. 

All homes smell like lunch to a Bear.  Trash is an especially strong attractant.  Bird Feeders too. 
They eat just about anything they can find.  Nothing to eat, no reason to hang out. 

I am happy to meet or talk if you need additional help.  We are trying very hard to Save Our Bears Lives 
and Co-Exist.  Welcome to Bear Country!

I am in the JT Directory. 

~ SOB john
Thanks for the tips John! Very helpful.

The bear was black/dark brown. Yes, it was a bit bigger than a German Shepard.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »