BEARS in the NEWS & in The HOOD !
Hey JimBillies ~

Tis the season!  Apparently BEARS are in the "news" in New York City. I guess they must take the Trains from 
Jersey.  Maybe hibernate in Central Park or Hell's Kitchen ? ! ?  

ANYWAYS ~ Oak asked me to post this piece which is an interesting take on 
Our Bears.  We CAN COEXIST ~ if we choose to!   Let's choose to do just that! 

​​​​https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/07/24/eight-bears-mythic-past-and-imperiled-future-gloria-dickie-book-reviewB

Oak also reports that they saw a LARGE Black Bear with Golden Tips on it's Black fur.  She indicated it looked quite stylish in
the Sunlight!  That was a couple days ago and they are up Blue Jay Road. 

Thanks for the Intel and the article OAK!  Heart   I gots a SOB Bumper Sticker for you TOO!  

That makes 2 Bears and 3 Lions in the last week or so that I am aware of.  

SAVE OUR BEARS JimTown

~ SOB john
Thought this might be useful for Jimbillies who want to deter bear visits up close to our homes - Colorado Parks & Wildlife Guidelines for bear-proofing your home.  Also, as I once found out the hard (and EXPENSIVE) way, always park nose-down so that if a bear gets into your car the doors won't close on it and trap it inside. Lock your car doors and don't leave food or anything that smells tempting in it, but if you're in the habit of parking nose down and forget to hit the lock, it could save you some heartache and maybe even save a bear. HAPPY SPRING!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »