JT Parks Spring Cleanup!(at your own convenience!)
Spring has sprung!  It's time to beautify our most used areas of town, The Parks! 

WHAT'S NEEDED:

Elysian Park-
-Weed the "walkway" (it's getting more narrow due to the overgrowing weeds)
-Weed whack the labyrinth, hillside, border areas 
-Pick up trash/poo.
-Arrange tables/benches in common sense areas
-Clean up the bathrooms-wiping down toilets, shelves, etc, floor needs to be swept and mopped - it'll be well stocked-
-Mowing-not needed quite yet, but will soon *let me know if you're interested
*There are Trash, Recycling & a Compost bin for weeds, near bandshell

Lil’ Park & beyond
- weed beds/clean out dead debris by pavilion
-weed whack border and around trees
- Andersen hill specifically needs poo patrol and the beds could use some care-cleaning out dead debris, etc
- Creek front on west side of bridge, by PO, needs some attention - poo patrol, raked, make pretty  Wink
*There are Trash, Recycle & a Compost bin for weeds under the pavilion

Since were all so busy and its hard to work within everyone's schedule, we'd like to invite you to help out the next 2 weeks, at YOUR CONVENIENCE, with a goal completion date of SUN 6/4. 

For example:
-When you're taking a walk on Andersen hill, please bring a bag with you to collect some poop-toss in town garbage bin under pavilion  
-If you have a 1/2 hr and want to get outside, maybe weed the beds at Lil' park;
-when walking on Elysian loop bring a weed tool and start pulling the weeds on the pathway for 15 min.-toss in compost bin
-Donate an hr and weed whack the Labyrinth 
-When the kiddos are playing on the playground, arrange some tables/benches in a commonsense arrangement

You get the idea, you're not expected to do the whole job, but if everyone can pinch in a little at a time, then theoretically, no one person should have to do a lot!  There's no wrong doing, it's not rocket science, the park just needs some help getting cleaned up and we need you to care enough to volunteer.

With that said, we know how much this town likes its gatherings  Big Grin
THIS SAT 5/27 10-12 we will gather in Lil' Park for an all together clean-up *Note- last year we had 1 person show up
THIS SUN 5/28 10-12 we will gather at Elysian Park for an all together clean-up
SUN 6/4 10-12 we will gather in Elysian Park and hopefully will have nothing to do since it's all been done! But we'll leave the date available in case there's more left to do

A BIG THANK YOU to Jerry & Debbie Amaro, Tim & Wendy Stokes, Arne Metzger, & Emma Hardy for the FANTASTIC work they have done on the playground!  As well as Adrienne Gosbee & the "olders" school children work at the POHeart
Check it out!
Playground:
NEW Beautiful walkway; NEW Sand; Dragon repainted beautifully; Volleyball court & dance pit in front of bandshell cleanup with more sand; some new wood chips (more is coming)
Post office garden beds:
Adrienne, Patrick & the 3rd-5th graders spruced up & planted the beds in front of the PO
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Don't hesitate to call with any questions

THANK YOU COMMUNITY!
Julie & Jen- Parks Committee
Julie-720-243-9683

Big thanks to Arne and Russell for mowing Elysian Park, and to Lynnie for weed whacking around the food barn, and to Julie for weed-whacking the labyrinth - also to whoever came out earlier than I did for poo patrol because I couldn't find any! (I'm sure there will be an endless supply going forward.) The playground and picnic tables and volleyball court and the garden in front of the Post Office look great!

Also, thanks to Courtenay and Buddy for getting some roadbase down for mud control and smoothing out Cemetery Road. I know there are lots of other people who have contributed besides the ones I've named - Amber Graziano weeding along the pathway, all the folks that worked on the playground and picnic tables - I don't always see who has done what, but  it is so heartening to see that people in this commUNITY are so willing to take care of our public spaces!  The forecast looks like Mother Nature will be watering more this week, too!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »