Mountain lion with cubs spotted
Dereck asked someone to post this here(from a FB post), so here ya go.  Be aware of mountain lions all- I saw one run across Ward St last year, they are close!

"
I just saw a mountain lion with 3 little ones crossing James canyon into Jenks Gulch, that without question lives 1/8 of a mile behind my cabin. JT family, be on alert. We've got hungry kitty's in the hood. Watch your kids and pets. They're a couple months old. Which means there's high risk for a good amount of time. In fact, one of yall locals should post it on the QT since I don't do the QT thing."

Hey Jese ~

Thanks for your post.  Our Mountain Lion population is quite vibrant in Colorado.  That is NOT a bad thing.  We need a balanced ecosystem.
There was a Mama Lion and 3 Kits spotted a year or two ago, down by the lower park.  Could be the same cat or one of her kits raising a family.
3 kits means this is a very healthy, well fed cat and I am not aware of any missing pets lately.  

Lila and I are up in the hills of JT every day hiking.  I see cat signs all the time.  I assume they are nearby all the time.  You just rarely see them. And while they
do prefer deer on the menu, the young cats are still learning to survive and are more likely to take a pet etc.  A mature lion wants nothing to do with mankind and for good reason.  

We are rolling into BEAR SEASON too!  Time to pay attention to your Trash, Clean and Locked Cars and Homes, Bird Feeders etc.

I have a "Save Our Bears Jamestown" bumper sticker for the first realtime photo of a Bear IN JT area this season. 

We have several newbies in JT.  If you are not sure how to BEAR PROOF your life, I am happy to assist.  Just contact me here on the BB or find me in the 
JT Directory.  We are moving into the 7th year since we last destroyed a BEAR in JT!  Thank YOU JIMTOWN for your love and support of Our Bears!

Save Our Bears 
~ SOB john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »