SVH Saturday Matinee
    Snake van Habanero's Saturday Matinee  -  1:00/3:00  -  I like movies like "FACE IN THE CROWD" about politicians and/or journalists (pretty much the same critter these days) who manufacture a sure fire blockbuster and have it blow up in their faces.  This week I'll be showing a really good one called "ACE IN THE HOLE" with Kirk Douglas. It's all about the Big Sell that turns out to be snake oil. My kindly ol' curmudgeonly self always enjoys some company.
    Snake van Habanero's Saturday Matinee - 1:00/3:00  -  "The money and the crowd run out, before we left the last old town  -  This old show done played it's run, they've rung the curtain down" - Ed Trickett, "Before They Close the Minstrel Show.  .  .  .  .  .  Well, anyways, Spring is coming and other diversions and debaucheries are calling so I'll be taking a sabatical.  Apropoz of that milieu, this week's offering is "THE LAST PICTURE SHOW", based on the book by Larry McMurtry. It's got some nice performances, especially the one by Ben Johnson. This movie reminds me of my days of yore, growing up in Cortez in the Fifties. I always enjoy some company.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »