Everyone JES Halloween--NEW!!
Hi Friends and Community,

The spookiest week of the year is upon us! Speaking of Halloween—Although we didn’t mean to, we may have stirred the pot in regards to what works best for the area kids, including families with younger and older children, as well as our dear neighbors.
After lots of conversation, and a sincere desire to accommodate as many children as possible with the grand time of a Jamestown Halloween, the Annual JES Halloween Party will be held on Saturday, Oct 29 (as previously announced) and we look forward to joining the rest of the community in celebrating Oct 31st with traditional trick or treating.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience or hard feelings our change of plans and delayed notice may have caused. We were truly just trying to support the kids in their weeknight school routine. We have spent the past week in a place of dialogue and reflection with many parents and community folks about Halloween as our hearts are coming from a place of wanting to facilitate a memorable, fun and enchanting celebration for the kids. Hopefully this updated plan will help us move forward sharing a beautiful Halloween weekend together rooted in love and kindness.
Acknowledging the importance of the Monday Food Share (5:30-6:30pm), and the wonderful volunteers, we look forward to seeing everyone celebrating Halloween night, and we invite you to join in on our school festivities on Saturday, 10/29! Please see invitation below:

Saturday, OCT 29:
New this year! Have you always wanted to participate in passing out candy to the kids, but are outside the typical route (Main Street, Mesa Street from Anderson Hill down to 12th and Lower Main)? Saturday, OCT 29 the kids will be “Trunk or Treating” in the parking lot next to the Town Square. Plan to be there with your candy to hand out by 5:45 p.m. The kids will start trunk or treating at 6 p.m.! Feel free to be as elaborate or simple as you want with decorating your car, bike, or truck, or just bring some sweets to pass out!

JES Annual Halloween party in the little park/Town Square
5-6pm for party, Trunk or Treat to follow
All children are welcome.

Trunk or Treat - I love it! For most of the years I've lived in Jamestown, I've been off the main drag (except for the 9 years on Main Street, when I loved having the kids come around), and it's always sad to me that I live off the beaten path and don't get to see the kiddoes. (I usually take some candy up to the Merc to hand out, but I love the Trunk or Treat idea and the thought of dressing up my car a little for the wee ones, plus it will be concentrated in one area so we can really see the costumes)!

Something fun for Saturday night - for all ages!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »