Support Abortion Rights - ballot signing opportunities coming up at the Merc
Hey folks, I am volunteering with Cobalt to collect signatures to get a measure on the ballot this November that will enable voters to codify abortion rights into the Colorado constitution (ballot details below).  I would love to get your signature on the petition! 

I will be at the Merc this Sunday for Drag Queen Bingo Brunch (1/7) and for Trivia Night on Wednesday (1/10) and will have the petition with me - please swing by to sign the petition while also supporting the Merc!
I included a picture of me so you can find me in case you don't know me   Wink
If you can't make it to either of those Merc events but still want to sign, reach out to me via email and we will coordinate: revolutionarytoday [at] gmail [dot] com

Signing details:
  • you must be a registered voter in the State of Colorado
  • must be your FULL, LEGAL name  (i.e. Elizabeth, not "Liz")
  • you must list your residential address where you are registered to vote (no po boxes)
  • you can only sign ONCE
  • I must witness every signature (I can't leave it at the Merc, I must be with it at all times)
Ballot Measure details
This petition will put a measure on the November ballot that says:

"Shall there be a change to the Colorado constitution recognizing the right to abortion, and, in connection therewith, prohibiting the state and local governments from denying, impeding, or discriminating against the exercise of that right, allowing abortion to be a covered service under health insurance plans for Colorado state and local government employees and for enrollees in state and local governmental insurance programs?"

The full text of the proposed measure is attached as an image and is included in the petition so you can review it before signing. 

State and local government impact.
Under current law, an individual's right to reproductive autonomy, including the right to continue or terminate a pregnancy are outlined in state statute. This measure codifies the right to abortion specifically in the state constitution. This change will result in no fiscal impact to state and local governments, as it reflects current law and practices. This measure also removes the constitutional provision prohibiting the use of public funds for abortion. Currently state funds in Colorado are not used for abortion services, except when required under federal law to pay for abortion services under the state's Medicaid Program in certain limited cases. Repealing the prohibition on public funding for abortion creates the potential for additional programs or legislation to use state or local government funding for abortion-related health care services. At this time, no change in spending is estimated, as it will depend on future decisions by the state legislature and local governments. 

Thank you for supporting reproductive freedom, bodily autonomy, and the health and safety of people who may become pregnant!

-Michal (they/them)

Attached Files Image(s)

Bring your recycling, buy a delicious Merc burrito, and SIGN ON to support abortion rights this Saturday, 10:30-11:30am.  I will enjoy a burrito and gather signatures this Saturday morning at the Merc.  If you haven't been able to sign this petition yet but want to, please swing by!  

If you haven't signed and this time doesn't work, reach out and we can find a better time Smile  

I truly appreciate all the support from our community members!  The goal is 185,000 total (across the state) and I am personally very pleased at how represented our small but mighty community will be represented in this effort. Literally couldn't do it without you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »