Stay Home roads in passable
as of 330 am there is 14" of very heavy wet snow on the roads including james canyon which has yet to be plowed and plenty more to come.  You will get stuck!  I expect we will lose internet and power at some point- hope you have a good book.
ss
impassable not "in passable".
(03-14-2024, 03:33 AM)Seth-Strickland Wrote: as of 330 am there is 14" of very heavy wet snow on the roads including james canyon which has yet to be plowed and plenty more to come.  You will get stuck!  I expect we will lose internet and power at some point- hope you have a good book.
ss

Have the county plows made it to Jamestown yet?  One just showed up in Gold Hill (a grader, not plow) Would love update. Thank you.
I'm interested in measured snow levels in the area.  Peaceful Valley has 20+ inches.  I'm in Palisade where it rained last night but no snow on the ground this morning.

Steve
(03-14-2024, 09:23 AM)Steven B in PV Wrote: I have 25 in the Bar K....so far.

I'm interested in measured snow levels in the area.  Peaceful Valley has 20+ inches.  I'm in Palisade where it rained last night but no snow on the ground this morning.

Steve
We're at 28" on Ridge Road.
I'm thinking I have over 26" in Gold Hill. Can't open my back door to measure and besides, this dense snow settles it down.

A friend who lives between Lefthand Canyon and Ward says they have at least 3 feet. The CDOT cams show that P2P remains unplowed.
We're at ~24'' on Main in Jamestown - 1 plow has come up the canyon since I've been up at 5am but I wouldn't dare try the canyon road even with a big vehicle.  A couple of local trucks have been out giving a go at 12th or Mesa in Jamestown (with some success or epic failure because they didn't come back down).
(03-14-2024, 10:39 AM)licatafamily Wrote: We're at ~24'' on Main in Jamestown - 1 plow has come up the canyon since I've been up at 5am but I wouldn't dare try the canyon road even with a big vehicle.  A couple of local trucks have been out giving a go at 12th or Mesa in Jamestown (with some success or epic failure because they didn't come back down).

Thanks for the info, Licata Family! I hope the local trucks met with success. Just saw a car creep up through Gold Hill  going west but it couldn't make it past the Fire Barn.

Although all of you probably already figured it out, I won't be coming to the PO today. For one thing, I can't even find my car. Not sure what it will be like in the a.m. since we are nary half-way through the onslaught. 

M
At 1:40 PM 60cm (23.6in) out our back door
Another plow came up the canyon over the lunch hour, and a plow hit the main st loop-- and  someone is out with a big rig doing some of the local Jtown roads. (THANK YOU big yellow diggers!) 

I've seen two or three vehicles coming up the canyon in the last few hours and saw one going down....
Thank you again for the plow update. Awesome community to have so many folks helping others dig out and clear the roads. I found my car under 32" of snow and with a neighbor's help whittled down the 36" packed plow berm. I'm hoping to make it to JT tomorrow (Friday).
It looks like we may be buried until spring...     Smile

The official NOAA / NWS total for 3-13 to 3-15 was 45.5" for Jamestown, Co.  You have to consider / remember that heavy wet snow compacts onto its self quickly as it falls so measuring with a stick or tape can be deceiving.

(03-14-2024, 05:45 AM)Collie Wrote: impassable not "in passable".

seriously?  Yeah my editor wasn't available at 3 am Dodgy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »