CenturyLink phone outage?????
My phone has been out for better than 2 weeks. Had a repair ticket for Friday, July 28th, that was canceled at the last minute. Was told it was canceled due to a cable outage affecting our area and my ticket would be tied to this outage. Several contact attempts later, I was told the the outage was being worked on and would be finished last Tuesday and then for today. To make a long story short, I am curious as to the lack of Bar-K BB comments about such an outage and if there are others with a similar issue in the Bar-K community? Appreciate your response.
Hi Rick - I finally gave up with century link and got a small battery back up for my internet. They’re useless customer service drove me insane.

I was in touch with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission - uswpuc@centurylink.com for awhile and they were helpful. Here’s the investigation number if you want to follow up with them: #135482
Thanks for your input, Jamie! I am in need of a stable landline due to the fact that Wi-Fi connection to my cell phone is still very iffy due to my Internet connection with Viasat at is spotty at best. I tried talking to my mom who has hearing aids, she says she only gets every other word. Yes, CenturyLink customer service is useless. This is my third outage in three months. The second was due to a squirrel getting into the phone on the post by the road. Oh well, we’ll see what the day brings. Thanks again!
We cancelled century link for the same reasons. Wifi calling on Viasat was terrible but it works well on Starlink if you’re willing to make the switch.
My phone service stopped July 20, Century Link issued a repair ticket for July 26, then delayed it to July 29 then Aug 2 (and issued a new ticket) then Aug 5.   Supposedly tied to a server outage.   Customer service is totally divorced from their field repair team. They work from a menu of pat responses and demands to "speak to your supervisor" don't get you any better response.    "Our engineers are working on it and repairs will be completed soon" or "I've put your account the priority repair list".  I've saved all my transcripts from these discussions, and am on board for complaining to the state regulatory agency.    Any other ideas?
Am I correct in that everyones phones up in Bar-K, are out? That there is an outage in our area? All I get is a humming sound. People who call me say it just keeps ringing. If CenturyLink is lying to me/us, then I’m on board for filing some sort of complaint with whoever are the appropriate authorities that can pressure CenturyLink to make good on repairs.
My phone on Hickok trail in the Bar-K is working. The humming sound is called "talk battery", your card likely needs to be reset in the pair gain system out at the road, literally a 5 minute service call. They need to replace that obsolete unit at the road and hire a bunch more service techs but are too cheap to do so.
Thank you, sbertram. I will mention that little detail to the next bot that answers. I believe the first outage I had, two months ago, the tech who actually showed up replace such a card.
Took all my documentation of Century Link promises to repair our phone to the Century Link office in Boulder today (15th & Walnut).   The building sign says Century Link, but the entrance is a 6 foot deep foyer with a key card lock at the other end.    There is a wall phone with two numbers you can call, but neither was answered.    On the other wall there are several notices saying how to contact customer service and trouble shoot your line (all of which I've tried since our phone went out July 20).   When I got home I Googled Century Link customer reviews on two different sites.   85  people basically said that the only reason they gave 1 star was because there wasn't a zero star option.
Maybe it's time to call the media?

Got a consumer news tip or story we need to look into? Use this form to reach the Contact Denver7 team
Use the form below to send a tip to Jaclyn Allen and the Contact Denver7 Investigates Team. You can email Contact7@denver7.com or call our newsroom at 303-832-7777 and press option 2.
I talked to CenturyLink and they still maintain there is an outage in our area that is affecting our area and my phone. I think I convince them to send a tech to check the card in the pair gain system at the entrance to Bar-K. He said the tech would be there at 11 a.m. to troubleshoot my phone at that location. I am skeptical that it will really happen, but if anyone happens to be in that area around that time, post it here. If they don't come or it doesn't seem that my phone is back up and working, then I would like to join any effort that has been mentioned to bring this issue of CentuyLinks lack of response to servicing the public into the light of the public. Thanks everyone for your response to my posts. We'll see what the day brings.
This has been an ongoing problem for us since 2021. I was able to go onto their chat and get an $86 reimbursement for this current outage, but nothing for all the past issues….
Just wanted to update ya'll, that the CenturyLink crews have been working day and night for almost a month now on the phone outage we're experiencing. The latest update is for Friday night, 11 p.m. 
Now that being said, can I join a group of Bar-K folks in doing that petition or that Channel 7 troubleshooters gig?
Our Century Link land line came to life around 10 PM last night Shy .   I've been bugging them since July 20.   No idea what they fixed.   We live on High Lake (across the street from the Bramer entrance and mail boxes).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »