Kumbh Mela - Burning Man is amateur hour compared to this
[Image: AAcHTtfbayPgJ77AnmdfmbHQUcXuZm5DnsmKcYwv...sx08=s40-p]Robert Hastings Gmail <rhastings2004@gmail.com>Sun, Aug 27, 6:34 AM (2 days ago) [Image: cleardot.gif]Reply
[Image: cleardot.gif]to Robert, bcc: Phillip, bcc: Marc, bcc: Jennifer, bcc: Douglas, bcc: Janet, bcc: Charlie, bcc: Lynwood, bcc: Steve, bcc: Vic, bcc: Mho, bcc: gaysalim6650, bcc: Jaye, bcc: Emma, bcc: Kate, bcc: Dipak, bcc: konrad.kummli, bcc: Collin, bcc: Erynn, bcc: Nancy, bcc: Mark, bcc: Sue, bcc: helen, bcc: rowan, bcc: Michael, bcc: Jason, bcc: Ivan, bcc: katina, bcc: Bette, bcc: Barry, bcc: Cheryl, bcc: Crystal, bcc: tom, bcc: Elias, bcc: Anne, bcc: jr., bcc: Iris, bcc: Jim, bcc: kermit, bcc: bob, bcc: Paul, bcc: Paul, bcc: Suzanne, bcc: Aric, bcc: donna, bcc: Donna, bcc: Don, bcc: Warren, bcc: Amber, bcc: Laurel, bcc: Doug, bcc: Pam
[Image: cleardot.gif]
I saw this film in 2002 at Meunzinger, and was gobsmacked - and now it's free on youtube.
Kumbh Mela makes the Hajj and Burning Man look like amateur hour.

Ever feel trapped in your life and need a change?
Go to Kumbh Mela in 2025, and it surely will do the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUC-dTWuS_A

What's remarkable to me is India just landed a rover at the moon's south pole -

one of four nations to do so.  Talk about contradictions!
I first heard about Kumbh Mela in the book, The Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramahansa Yogananda.  If the subject of Kumbh Mela interests you, read that book. It is in my top ten of the greatest spiritual books of all time.  Another great book is “The Holy Science” by Sri Yukteswar, Yogananda’s guru and mentor. 

Thanks for the link to the video.
(08-30-2023, 10:38 AM)Sandi C Wrote: Yeah, it was a good one - I read it at age 18, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.
Glad I'm not the only one who remembers it.
I don't remember the Kumbh Mela part in it, however if we ever get the time portal running, 
it would be beautiful to compare how it was 100 years ago to 2001, with cell phones, boom boxes 
and big screen TVs broadcasting gurus.

I first heard about Kumbh Mela in the book, The Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramahansa Yogananda.  If the subject of Kumbh Mela interests you, read that book. It is in my top ten of the greatest spiritual books of all time.  Another great book is “The Holy Science” by Sri Yukteswar, Yogananda’s guru and mentor. 

Thanks for the link to the video.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »