Showing this Saturday: The Jamestown Rock Opera!
Hi friends and neighbors! We have loved hosting our monthly community movie night and we have a special one coming up this Saturday the 20th! It’s your chance to see your fellow beloved Jamestowners past and present performing an original musical! You’ve seen them at the Merc, you’ve seen them at the food pantry and now you can see them do the Can-Can!

Many years ago a group assembled under the leadership of dauntless directors Bob Buckley and DJ Jenkins to create a rock opera focusing on a story from Jamestown’s hard rock mining days. The collaboration featured 30+ Jamestowners in full costume with a live rock band performing original songs and it ended up an absolute stomper of a show. If you are newer in town or have long heard the stories of “when Jamestown did a musical” now is your chance to see what that was all about. Come out and see, Hard Rock Fever!! Doors open at 5:30 and showing at 6pm at the JT Town Hall.

If that wasn’t enough original, locally-sourced, organic entertainment for you then you’re in luck! We are lucky that DJ didn’t stop with Hard Rock Fever, he has produced several great plays in Jamestown using Jamestown’s deep pool of talent. “Identity Crisis” is a buddy comedy focusing on two retired men who find themselves in the middle of a dastardly plot! (Or maybe they just have too much time on their hands…) come see what happens when a conversation about use of the Helvetica font turns into a comedy of errors, and learn the importance of a nice smile. Featuring local performers and directed by DJ Jenkins. Show starts at 8pm.

Thanks for coming out and supporting our movie nights and supporting arts and artists in JT!

Concessions will be available, feel free to BYOB. Free popcorn if you performed in either show!
I can't wait for the show !!

Is it available on disk
or (floppy disc?)
(( or hand crank 8 or 16 mm?))

If Hollywood can repeat the same shows --???
Whaddya say, -- DJ and All former cast members ?
There will be new spots available -
(Never "replacements",
but under-studies.)

Put me in coach,
I'm ready to play ---???
Rock On .. Glenn Short
Sept 23 2023

Sal DeVincenzo – sdvphoto.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »