Invite your collaboration for energy shaming site
I notice that many businesses in Boulder leave their parking lot lights on all day.
The most egregious is Safeway on 28th and Iris - their lights have been on since the parking lot got resufaced in July.
When I ask the manager if the lights could get turned off, I'm told that Safeway has no control because it's leased property.
Hmmm ... I find this to be lame, but plausible.  The anchor store should be able to influence the landlord, but who knows.

However, I bet the CSR/ESG office at corporate could make change happen with citizen pressure.
Home Depot and Walmart got rid of neonicotinoids in the garden department as a result.

So my thought is to make a citizen powered photo site with obvious energy violations.
The site would notify local as well as corporate offices and hope for behavior change.
Nobody can think of all the design desiderata - or at least I can't  Cool
You're invited to leave a reply - scroll down to the Quick Reply section.

Thank you!
cool idea, Robert!  love me some public shaming....so many office buildings do the same, and it's pissed me off for decades! yes, let's grab some of this and run with it. what's the worst that can happen?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »