Bar K Road Update
The roads between the Bar K and Hwy 36 (Hwy 36>Lefthand>JCR>Overland) are CLEAR - mostly dry, even (95% dry?). (Caution: at the top of the switchbacks, the lane narrows down to about 1.5 width with high banked snow on the sides - the road here is just wet, though, with a few slushy patches)

Once in Bar K: it is minimally plowed in a single track from the entrance of the Bar K to the fork. From there, the plow track continued to the left (east), but I did not follow it, so I have no idea how far it goes, although I'm told it goes at least to Hickok. I turned right (west) at the fork on RLR and can report that it has NOT been plowed. I was able to follow big tire tracks to my house, but it was pretty scary. The snow (as you all know) is heavy, wet, and was high in the middle under the truck - and really could have very easily banked me at any point...but after 2 nights stuck down in Longmont, I made it home!!

Hope that helps!
(03-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Erika A Wrote: The roads between the Bar K and Hwy 36 (Hwy 36>Lefthand>JCR>Overland) are CLEAR - mostly dry, even (95% dry?). (Caution: at the top of the switchbacks, the lane narrows down to about 1.5 width with high banked snow on the sides - the road here is just wet, though, with a few slushy patches)

Once in Bar K: it is minimally plowed in a single track from the entrance of the bar K to the fork. From there, the plow track continued to the left (east), but I did not follow it, so I have no idea how far it goes, although I'm told it goes at least to Hickok. I turned right (west) at the fork on RLR and can report that it has NOT been plowed. I was able to follow big tire tracks to my house, but it was pretty scary. The snow (as you all know) is heavy, wet, and was high in the middle under the truck - and really could have very easily banked me at any point.

Hope that helps!

Rheinhart did Hickok and presumably all the way to the entrance with his personal tractor yesterday.
(03-15-2024, 04:07 PM)sbg Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Erika A Wrote: The roads between the Bar K and Hwy 36 (Hwy 36>Lefthand>JCR>Overland) are CLEAR - mostly dry, even (95% dry?). (Caution: at the top of the switchbacks, the lane narrows down to about 1.5 width with high banked snow on the sides - the road here is just wet, though, with a few slushy patches)

Once in Bar K: it is minimally plowed in a single track from the entrance of the bar K to the fork. From there, the plow track continued to the left (east), but I did not follow it, so I have no idea how far it goes, although I'm told it goes at least to Hickok. I turned right (west) at the fork on RLR and can report that it has NOT been plowed. I was able to follow big tire tracks to my house, but it was pretty scary. The snow (as you all know) is heavy, wet, and was high in the middle under the truck - and really could have very easily banked me at any point.

Hope that helps!

Rheinhart did Hickok and presumably all the way to the entrance with his personal tractor yesterday.

Thanks, Rheinhart! That was super helpful!

(03-15-2024, 04:09 PM)Erika A Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 04:07 PM)sbg Wrote:

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Rheinhart! That was super helpful!

County plow just passed our house on Rock Lake road! Woohoo!!!!
Really hoping they make it down the side roads!!! We're swimming down Tilghman still!
Friday 5:53 PM
Yellow County Grader heading down Ranch Road (towards exit)
hopefully coming to a neighborhood near you.
Grader just got done on Tilghman! Yipeeeee!
Second Pass Friday 6:50 PM
Yellow County Grader going UP Ranch Rd this time.
Lots of snow coming off that blade.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »