Bell in my Mind
When I heard about dear Prophet’s passing, I thought it again.
i wanted to ring the town bell.
When Karen Z passed, when Glen Kalen passed, when Steve Edlestein passed….my first impulse was to climb up high over Jamestown and Ring The Bell!

of course, the bell only exists in my mind, but what a precious and mighty bell it is:
The Grief Bell, The Gather Your Memories Bell, or The All-Hail-The-Traveler-Bell~~~~
To send each other off that way, to the pealing tones, peeling away and rippling the air for hours, faintly.

Just wanted to share this image with all y’all.
Blessed Be the travelers
Oak, thank you. My goodness. every town on this blessed earth should have such a bell.
Imagine a great tree of ceramic bells chiming across the valley....
Oh Oak.  Thank you so very much, my dear.

Touched my heart greatly.
There is a bell, at the church.  Rings every Sunday.  He has Risen!  AMEN
Thank you, Oak!
This is such a great idea!  Is there some way we can program the bell to our phones so we can ring it in times like this?  Or maybe we can install a bell just for this purpose in Town Square.  At the top of the pavilion, maybe?  It reminds me of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when the little girl said, "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings!"  RIP Prophet and all our family, friends, and pets gone from this earthly plane...how I hope we can see them again in the afterlife...
Very sorry to hear about Prophet and since we are far away for a little while longer the only way I knew was that Oak rang the virtual bell.  Oak, when I read your note my mind went right to 'how and where can we do a bell?'
Oak, I'm not sure which Prophet you are mourning, but if it is Matty's dog I am exceeding sad.  He is(was?) a fine piece of dog flesh and a sweet friend. SvH    
(03-28-2024, 05:17 PM)oakchezzar@gmail.com Wrote: Thank you for the bell, Oak.
It filled a void in my mind that I didn't know I had.

Sometimes it may ring out to help someone find their way home.

It may ring to help someone stand strong when strength is fading
     and surrender is so seductive.

To help someone tell the truth when a lie would be so convenient
     and silence would be so easy.

Help someone to love when indifference would be safe.

If we all help to ring the bell we'll hear it when we need it.

Lynwood
(03-29-2024, 01:22 PM)Lynn Wilber Wrote: Oak, I'm not sure which Prophet you are mourning, but if it is Matty's dog I am exceeding sad.  He is(was?) a fine piece of dog flesh and a sweet friend. SvH
Yep, it is Matty's dog Prophet who has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. He was a good 'un and he will be missed.
Oak, you make my heart sing!
Lynwood you make me smile and nod.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »