Mountain LIONS in JT Today !
Mama Lion and her 1 year old kit/cub were sighted TODAY @ Noon up 12th St!  They were probably hoping for a Turkey dinner!
They were just exploring and chilling in the sunshine.

Be aware that we have lots of WildLife in our beautiful mountain hideaway.  They are emerging from their winter hideouts and going
about the business of surviving.  Keep in mind, various attractants that you can remove in order to minimize possible mischief. 

OUR BEARS should be making an appearance soon.  The big snows might be delaying them a bit.  Anyday! NOW!

I have a "Save Our Bears JT" bumper sticker for anyone sharing a photo of one of our local predators!  (a 27         cent value Wink

Thanks to Mark G for the Intel and the photos.  I have a bumper sticker I will drop by!  

CLEAN AND LOCKED JT
HOMES AND CARS
STASH YOUR TRASH
SAVE OUR BEARS !

~ SOB john
A Momma Lion and cub hunting on any street in JT around noon is Very concerning, and a BIG wake - up call for Anyone with Children, Pets, or anything smaller than a large strong
(Fierce) dog.

Carry Bear Spray --
If you need to shoot everybody
(With BEAR SPRAY)
Do it and sort it out later !

Good WARNING !!
Thank you, Mark !!

Pay attention, you Aren't in Boulder or naturally Safe

A Momma Lion and cub hunting on any street in JT around noon is Very concerning, and a BIG wake - up call for Anyone with Children, Pets, or anything smaller than a large strong
(Fierce) dog.

Carry Bear Spray --
If you need to shoot everybody
(With BEAR SPRAY)
Do it and sort it out later !

Good WARNING !!
Thank you, Mark !!

Pay attention, you Aren't in Boulder or naturally Safe
Thanks Mark and John. That’s very nerve-wracking with kids. We had same fears when we lived on Nugget Hill in LHC years ago. Tim got a front page photo in Rocky Mt News of himself with our dog “Sapphire” (modeling her cone of shame) after she was attacked on our front porch. Tim explosively scared off the lion, which had pinned the poor dog.

I wonder if the lion(s) on 12th St are drawn to the fox den in the old barn? Stay aware and safe!
Saw one of them last nite stalking some prey on West Mesa last nite. Beautiful animal. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5TII6GO2...ODBiNWFlZA==

[video=facebook]https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5TII6GO2cw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==[/video]
Hey Collin ~

Thanks so much for your "intel" and video.  Those look like MY Bear signs on Rudiger's standard on Mesa.
Be safe JT.  It's the cats you don't see that you want to careful about.  After dark, make some noise if 
you go outside.  Let THEM know you are there.  Mountain Lions are and should be wary of people.

Oh Baby, Baby it's a Wild World!
Here's Bob!    Shy

We have a WINNER!   

Steve I will try to remember to bring a Save Our Bears JT bumper sticker to the food share.  
OR get me your mailing address.  You have my email.  

~ SOB john
Thanks John, but the one on my truck is still in fine shape.  On Monday, I'm heading to the Palisade farm for a week of work. 

No sign of bear yet, or of moose this year.  The 7 trail cams will be looking out day and night.

P.S.:  I don't think you're an SOB at all, John.   Big Grin
Hi Steven B,
John is SUCH an SOB !!

We All strive to be SOB's--
.You should take it with you -

Thanks to SOB John -- He has helped us All to keep our visitors safe as well as Alive.
He knows how many years we have had - -
To Not having to catch and Kill a bear, who is only looking for an easy meal, by us just being responsible with our good smelling trash and by locking cars and houses.

We Are Lucky to have a Town full of SOB's --
Thank You John,
You have made us All try a little harder !!

Great Job -- JT !!

Good Luck Cats !
Here is a piece from Boulder county regarding Bears and Mountain Lions in Boulder County.
All of the same tactics that we deploy, to make our homes and yards Bear Safe, apply to
Mountain Lions.  

https://bouldercolorado.gov/black-bears-...tain-lions

We have deer all around AND in town.  I have had deer jump my 4.5 ft chain link fence to feed
in my yard on Mesa Street.  Interestingly enough, we (me and Lila) know the deer and the deer 
know us.  NO big deal. We share the forest together.  Predators follow the prey, even into town. 
Turkeys everywhere. The Wild Bird kind.   

Save Our Critters JT! 
~ SOB john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »