Choppers !!
After Huh spending waaay too much time trying to get on this site ---
f'n small letters or CAPS or a #1 or a "l" I'm 'bout to give up !    

The reality is:
There are 2 copters delivering 8 new power poles from JT - South towards LHC and a crew of 4 -6 ppl for each pole.
The last New pole left @ 11:07 and the Wind picked up almost immediately after.
This process started last year just before the fires.
Every Sunday since, when this operation has been planned, it has been WINDY.
Looks like they are finally going to get this big job done.
The copters still need to bring out the old poles - and the crews who are out there working up on a pole in these breezes.
Wave a BIG "THANK YOU" to all those folks bringing us power.

( and the Broncos on TV !)
Randy, thanks for the report and photo. 
We just spoke, and the usability challenge you ran into is a  common for this site - it's hard to use on a phone.
Over time we hope to remedy that, but currently we need to defer that fix, due to resource constraints.

Thanks for your understanding, and for your persistence in logging on and posting an important update!
Yes, Randy, thanks! It was unnerving, to say the least, to see and hear those choppers right over my house this morning, but I am grateful that Xcel is replacing poles and keeping our power going! Still learning how to use this newfangled contraption!
Thanks all for the updates about helicopter activity!  There’s one circling again this morning.  On a similar note, there’s an “old” pole in front of our house alongside a “new” pole (which is slightly leaning!?!).  The old one is marked with a big white “X”, and has been that way for the past year or so.  I’m concerned it’s been overlooked.  A contact number for the Xcel pole project would be greatly appreciated if anyone has it! 3o3-667-3763
Great picture!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »