Bar-K Bear alert.
A young cinnamon bear just crossed our property at 553 Rock Lake Rd., headed south Westerly.
He just cruised up Ridge. Looked back at me from the corner of Ridge and Rock Lake.

(05-19-2024, 08:51 AM)jjenks Wrote: He just cruised up Ridge. Looked back at me from the corner of Ridge and Rock Lake.

For more info, I think it was the cinnamon bear that others saw in the BarK a couple days ago.
He went by our house around 9:00. Dogs ran him off.    
These photos and it's behaviour, make me believe this may be the same Red Juvenile BEAR that has been roaming all 
over JT, mornings, afternoons and evenings.  Going house to house getting into trash, bird feeders (hummer and suet). 
This guy knows the ropes and is persistent.  If he/she is not made UNWELCOME and chased away regularly, it will get into more trouble.  

Get your air horns out!  That not only freaks the Bear out ~ it ALERTS THE NEIGHBORHOOD
I have chased this guy a couple times already.  He don't like the horn   Lila barking at him/her
from our fenced in yard did not even phase him when he was trying to get into my neighbors Bear Can.
That's when I snuck up on him and blasted him with the Air HORN!  Kinda shocked him that I was there. 
HELLO RED!  

Hand Pump Air Horns $7 on Amazon.  Just ordered more myself. 

PS:  Be careful with your Dogs.  Often they will tree a Bear, and the Bear ain't coming down til all the 
humans and dogs are gone.  

Save Our Bears EVERYONE !   Thanks for posting and reporting.  

~ SOB john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »