Elysian and "Little" Park Volunteers needed
Dear Jamestown and surrounding community - 
Hi! I've been out of town for the past few weeks, and it's amazing to come back to such a lush, green canyon! I've really missed everyone and this incredible home in the mountains - and I always love seeing everyone at the 4th of July! 

We could really use some help getting the two parks ready for the celebration next week. I'm going to try to tackle some of the list below between now and Sunday. If you're coming to the celebration, please volunteer an hour or two to help us get ready - or please volunteer to help during the 4th.

This is the list that Julie created last year, and I'm sure it could all use some attention this year. Is anyone able to mow again?? I'm going to bring an electric weed whacker to the big park - Kristi said I can plug-in at the stage. I've never used this one before, so wish me luck :0) I'll also clean the bathrooms, and keep looking for errant poo piles. Please take a look at the list below, and jump-in wherever you're able. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, if you have questions or other suggestions of what needs to be cared for. Thank you all for helping! Megan Q 3-0h-3 nine-oh-seven 4533

WHAT'S NEEDED:

Elysian Park-
-Weed the "walkway" (it's getting more narrow due to the overgrowing weeds)
-Weed whack the labyrinth, hillside, border areas 
-Pick up trash/poo.
-Arrange tables/benches in common sense areas
-Clean up the bathrooms-wiping down toilets, shelves, etc, floor needs to be swept and mopped - it'll be well stocked-
-Mowing
*There are Trash, Recycling & a Compost bin for weeds, near bandshell

Lil’ Park & beyond
- weed beds/clean out dead debris by pavilion
-weed whack border and around trees
- Andersen hill specifically needs poo patrol and the beds could use some care-cleaning out dead debris, etc
- Creek front on west side of bridge, by PO, needs some attention - poo patrol, raked, make pretty  Wink
*There are Trash, Recycle & a Compost bin for weeds under the pavilion

Since were all so busy and its hard to work within everyone's schedule, we'd like to invite you to help out in the next week at YOUR CONVENIENCE, with a goal completion date of WED 7/3. 

For example:
-When you're taking a walk on Andersen hill, please bring a bag with you to collect some poop-toss in town garbage bin under pavilion  
-If you have a 1/2 hr and want to get outside, maybe weed the beds at Lil' park;
-when walking on Elysian loop bring a weed tool and start pulling the weeds on the pathway for 15 min.-toss in compost bin
-Donate an hr and weed whack the Labyrinth 
-When the kiddos are playing on the playground, arrange some tables/benches in a commonsense arrangement

You get the idea, you're not expected to do the whole job, but if everyone can pinch in a little at a time, then theoretically, no one person should have to do a lot!  There's no wrong doing, it's not rocket science, the park just needs some help getting cleaned up and we need you to care enough to volunteer.
Hi Megan~
I’m new to JT this year and had wondered how it all got done… I’ll commit to put in some time with my weed whacker around Elysian Park. My friend Richard is coming to stay for a week and I’ll see if he may do a bit also.
Jill
Thanks, Jill! This is how it gets done ❤️

There’s a Volunteer Sign-up for the day of the 4th on the BB, too. I’ll try to find that…

I’m not sure who’s coordinating the 4th this year, but Kristi Rutledge, the Town Clerk, could point you in the right direction.

Thank you for helping! Hope to meet you soon. Megan Quitter
I did a battery worth of weed whacking around the playground / fence at the big park and attempted to de-weed the sandbox and mulch yards (although there was too much for me to get it done in one playground outing). Happy to go out for a second round but it would be more fun with another family/kids to play with!  (Anyone want a weeding play date?)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »