Poll: In favor of changing the current Bulletin Board for the Bar-K & Jamestown to individual ones?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.38%
17 65.38%
No
34.62%
9 34.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Consider separating Jamestown/Bar-K page?
Question 
On the QT I appreciated having the Bar-K and Jamestown sites separated. This led to fewer messages in my in-box, but I could always look at the other community's posts when I wanted to. Does anyone else feel this way? Would it be possible to separate the communities on the BB?
Hey Jay, I'm with you.
Mostly.
Having separate Bar-K / Jamestown forums is how we had it set up initially and then the desire shifted (can't remember why)
for the separate forums to be joined and so now they are joined.
My personal reason for keeping them separated it's not that I care about inbox messages, but it just seems to help keep some stuff separate and unique to the location but the upside of having them joined I think is it encourages and includes other geographical areas to participate..
More inclusive I guess...
We also had it set up with a separate Jamestown Merc forum which I thought was awesome, and then sadly was asked to remove it.
I think it's a big missed opportunity for the Merc since people from out of town who might frequent the Merc might not be inclined to
subscribe to a Bar-K or Jamestown thread but they probably would be inclined to subscribe to an independent Jamestown Merc thread.
My two cents, it's easy to change these things fortunately so let's see what the voters have to say.
Sal
Sal DeVincenzo ~ Lets Connect ~ Click Here
[Image: attachment.php?aid=245]
If Bar-K and JT are selected it would be nice if there was a Poral view for each.
I think sharing these messages helps (if only a little) to bring us together, helps us think of ourselves as a single community, which I think is good.  Certainly some topics will always pertain more to one than the other.  

I don't feel strongly about it.  Under the old system I read both.  Anyone who is not interested in one or the other can more easily skip it if they are separate.  

I don't think it matters very much.

I feel (slightly) more strongly that the Mercantile should have a separate topic.  Easier to find current hours, entertainment, menus, etc.  We can always go to the Merc's own website for this information but it's handy to have it here too, especially in the case of changes.  

Mostly I'm glad we have this forum, regardless of the details.  Again thanks to all who made it happen.

Lynwood
The forums were combined due to 70% plus of the posts being cross posts between Bar-K and Jamestown. This led to additional board overhead and made a single conversation difficult. I prefer to keep things clean and simple for ease of conversation, technical performance and esthetics.

I was planning on working on the ability to tag posts as Bar-K or Jamestown in the general forum before moving onto additional email features. However, if we split this sub forum the tagging would be moot and we would generate far too much email from the cross posts to make additional email features viable. So I will hold off on any changes for now until we decide on our direction here.

Thanks,
Dan
I think that if there is a banner link for the bar-k forum and the jamestown forum so that it's obvious and might make it a smidge easier to bookmark.  It also might make it a little more obvious to folks for where they want to go.  

I think a lot of the initial cross posts were folks not quite sure how this whole thing was supposed to work
(12-28-2021, 10:16 PM)CheyenneWills Wrote: I think that if there is a banner link for the bar-k forum and the jamestown forum so that it's obvious and might make it a smidge easier to bookmark.  It also might make it a little more obvious to folks for where they want to go.  

I think a lot of the initial cross posts were folks not quite sure how this whole thing was supposed to work

Are most of our conversations in general between Bar-k and Jamestown or Bar-k / Jamestown specific?
Thanks for considering.
Not in favor of separating bulletin boards
I don't think there are enough posts in a week to make it worthwhile to separate the forums. If there were hundreds of posts a week then I could see it, but not with only a handful of posts in a week.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »