Looking for weight plates
Hi friends and neighbors, I’m looking for weight plates. The circular kind that go on a barbell. I’m building a mechanical bear for Burning Man that some of you probably saw in the 4th of July parade.
I’m needing something as counter balance and am trying to avoid spending $100+ to buy them new. I would love if they could be permanent but I can also make it so that I can remove them and return them after the event. Ideally I’m looking for 2x25lb plates but will gladly take size anyone might have-and be willing to lend. Thank so much and cheers to you

Jaye Brotherton
Jaye, if you don't find some locally, check Thrift Stores and Resource 2000. I found some cast iron weight plates years ago for a work related project, can't recall where, but they had'em :O)
I might have something that will work for you.
(08-07-2024, 07:44 PM)Jaye Brotherton Wrote: Hi friends and neighbors, I’m looking for weight plates. The circular kind that go on a barbell. I’m building a mechanical bear for Burning Man that some of you probably saw in the 4th of July parade.
I’m needing something as counter balance and am trying to avoid spending $100+ to buy them new. I would love if they could be permanent but I can also make it so that I can remove them and return them after the event. Ideally I’m looking for 2x25lb plates but will gladly take size anyone might have-and be willing to lend. Thank so much and cheers to you

Jaye Brotherton

Jaye, I have 3x 2.5lb and 2x 7.5lb that you could have for free. these are not exactly what you are asking for but if you think they would work you can have them.
(08-07-2024, 07:44 PM)Jaye Brotherton Wrote: Hi friends and neighbors, I’m looking for weight plates. The circular kind that go on a barbell. I’m building a mechanical bear for Burning Man that some of you probably saw in the 4th of July parade.

Jaye Brotherton

Hi Jaye, I got your message, but you have private messages disabled so I couldn't respond. If you message me your cell I will text you and we can coordinate from there.

BTW - the only payment I require is a video of the finished product :-)
I also tried to reply to your PM but couldn't.

Anyway -- later this afternoon, or early this evening if that works for you.

The weights I have are around 100lbs total -- you can have them for free.  It's 2 handbar sets where the individual plates can be added/removed.  One of the handbars is messed up and you can't "adjust" the weight -- will require a little destructive creativity to release the mechanism that holds the individual plates on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »