BEAR in THE HOOD JT !
Good Afternoon !
I just had a Black Bear almost on my deck.
It was up and down a big tree, as fast as a monkey.
No injuries, no other problems.
Clean and LOCK UP.
It was heading back towards town just after 6:00 pm
Big pile of bear scat on Cemetery Road at 10:00 AM this morning. Full of apples and crabapples, it looked like. We walked a few steps past it and then Nellie got really nervous, turned tail and headed for home at a run. I don't think it was the scat, but there was something that she did NOT want to run into just past it! Perhaps the bear, itself, but I didn't see it.
5:25 pm, Just saw a pretty good sized one, all black, an easy 200 lbs if not more, it was sniffin' around a bear proof garbage can, I stepped outside, looked for cubs, none spotted, then walked towards it (about 50 ft from it and I had an escape plan) and I said, "Hey!", it looked at me, and then turned and headed down hill towards the creek.
Just ran him off from my neighbors yard!  That WAS LILA barking at THIS BEAR!

He will be hanging around.  Same guy I chased off a couple days ago.

He looked more like a Dark Red to me though.  The sun was in my face.  ANY way!

~ SOB john
(09-13-2024, 05:36 PM)John Hardman Wrote: Just ran him off from my neighbors yard!  That WAS LILA barking at THIS BEAR!

He will be hanging around.  Same guy I chased off a couple days ago.

He looked more like a Dark Red to me though.  The sun was in my face.  ANY way!

~ SOB john

Hmmm, Michelle said I couldn't pop'em in the ass with my BB gun anymore, just thinking maybe a paint ball gun, that way they'd be color-coded :O)

Oh, and yes there are dogs barking, not Lila, can't here Lila from my house, either way, the bear didn't seem to be intimidated by the dogs barking uphill from me.
Hollis ~

Craig Brown always popped them with paint balls.  It would ID the Felons 
At least until it rained on them or they EAT the paint off.  

You gotta be quick though.  They are so smart!  

Maybe "text" me when you shoo one off.  They are most likely headed MY way next.
I can reinforce our intentions and head em off at the pass?

Cell: 303.898.2205

~ SOB jjohn
(09-13-2024, 05:54 PM)John Hardman Wrote: Hollis ~

Craig Brown always popped them with paint balls.  It would ID the Felons 
At least until it rained on them or they EAT the paint off.  

You gotta be quick though.  They are so smart!  

Maybe "text" me when you shoo one off.  They are most likely headed MY way next.
I can reinforce our intentions and head em off at the pass?

Cell: 303.898.2205

~ SOB jjohn

We'll see, a paint ball gun ain't in the budget right now, and I need stay off Amazon for a while :O)
Saw yesterday what appeared to be the same black bear that knocked on my slider…IN BROAD DAYLIGHT at 11:30 am on Main Street just east of the bridge across from the fire station. I yelled at it and it scampered up into the woods across the creek behind KT and Bert’s house.

Bear yesterday at 11:30 am on Main east of bridge across from the fire station. Appears to be same black bear that knocked on my slider. I yelled at it and it scampered up into the woods across the creek behind KT and Bert’s house.

Sorry for the repeat. Couldn’t see the post and have many cellphone/text <Not Delivered>s. :0
Maybe the bear was working for the same animal organization as the rooster at 73 Main, soliciting for donations. Idea
Hey Marcia ~

Thanks for POSTING your BEAR sighting!.  Yep, middle of the day is not preferred but OUR BEARS are pushing hard to load up on
calories for their long winter's nap.  There is a Maze on that slope behind Burt & KT's, full of apples and choke cherries right now.

Every year there is allot of BEAR activity in that area.  We have had Mama's and their Cubs hang out for days at a time eating, sleeping, eating some more
BUT NOT GETTING INTO TROUBLE.  

Thanks for shooing Blackie away.  Usually they don't go too far.  They are conserving energy for hibernation. 

~ SOB john

PSL. This Black Bear (Large adult) has been all over town lately.
We had a bear up in a tree in that bramble across the creek this morning.  Molly was making sure we knew it.  It was on the far side of the tree so I did not have a good view of color or size.  There is a tree full of apples right next to that tree so I expect we will have more bear attention up there.
(09-23-2024, 02:35 PM)BurtL Wrote: We had a bear up in a tree in that bramble across the creek this morning.  Molly was making sure we knew it.  It was on the far side of the tree so I did not have a good view of color or size.  There is a tree full of apples right next to that tree so I expect we will have more bear attention up there.

A large beautiful black bear lumbered up my back yard his morning at 6:30.

A very large big beautiful black bear lumbered through my patio and up the hillside at 6:30a.m. Today.
We had a bear up in a tree in that bramble across the creek this morning.  Molly was making sure we knew it.  It was on the far side of the tree so I did not have a good view of color or size.  There is a tree full of apples right next to that tree so I expect we will have more bear attention up there.
11:10 PM Pretty large bad bear breaking into a car across from the P.O. I honked at it and it ran into the bushes in front of Bartsch's. Car door still hanging open.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »