Calling Solar Homes: Join the JT Solar Tour Oct 5
Hello Neighbors, please join me in opening your home or yard as a tour site on this year's Jamestown Solar Tour, Saturday Oct. 5. from 10am-2pm (or part of that time). Share your solar story with neighbors to promote solar adoption. Show neighbors and tour goers the solar and sustainable features of your home. Share the reasons you went solar and the benefits that came from it. Your tour site can be completely outdoors if you have sight of the solar panels. Bar K/tweener solar homes are welcome to join as well.  Cool

If you are interested or curious, call or text me at 303-6one8-3964 or email me at carlyrixham@gmail.com. You can get a yard sign if you sign up by August 15. More details at nationalsolartour.org. Please register to host by September 15.
(07-30-2024, 11:43 AM)Carly Wrote: Update: Three neighbors have joined me so far as sites for the Oct 5 Jamestown Solar Tour, thanks! I hope to get a few more.

www.nationalsolartour.org

Sign up by tomorrow to get a yard sign, or sign up by Sept 15 to be on the tour. LMK if you have any questions!

Cool

Hello Neighbors, please join me in opening your home or yard as a tour site on this year's Jamestown Solar Tour, Saturday Oct. 5. from 10am-2pm (or part of that time). Share your solar story with neighbors to promote solar adoption. Show neighbors and tour goers the solar and sustainable features of your home. Share the reasons you went solar and the benefits that came from it. Your tour site can be completely outdoors if you have sight of the solar panels. Bar K/tweener solar homes are welcome to join as well.  Cool

If you are interested or curious, call or text me at 303-6one8-3964 or email me at carlyrixham@gmail.com. You can get a yard sign if you sign up by August 15. More details at nationalsolartour.org. Please register to host by September 15.
TOP 10 TIPS for Tour Site HOSTS - JT Solar Tour October 5th 10am-2pm

1. Signage! Offer educational materials and specs for sustainable aspects of home
2. Print out a copy of a recent electric bill showing savings. If you have an app showing solar production, show it to tourgoers.
3. Have host name badges
4. Have the builders, architects, or installers present if possible for questions from tourgoers
5. Have a list of resources: materials, installers, builders, suppliers, financing. Share their contact info/business cards if available.
6. Emphasize energy efficiency before renewable energy consumption
7. Offer a laptop slideshow or photos printed or on phone to share showcasing the sustainable aspects of home
8. If having guests inside/open house style, have explicit shoes off policy or offer reusable shoe covers
9. Providing light refreshments is a nice touch
10. Most importantly… HAVE FUN

Please sign up your tour site for our Jamestown Solar Tour on nationalsolartour.org. I will provide yard signs for the first 8 tour sites. LMK if you have questions!
Last Chance--Join the Jamestown Solar Tour Oct 5 10am-2pm. Please sign up by Monday September 23 to host your house on the tour!
contact me at carlyrixham(at)gmail.com or sign up at nationalsolartour.org.

Tour goers - we have 5 homes on the tour so far. Stay tuned for the list. 
Thank you!
Hey Y'all, Today is the final day to sign up to host your home on the Jamestown Solar Tour, happening in 2 weeks.

We will be sharing information about our solar production (inverter app data), savings on Xcel bills, experiences with equipment, installers, and financing, and hanging out in the sunshine....

It would be great to have more JT and Bar K folks host their homes at tour sites. 

Please sign up at https://www.nationalsolartour.org/

Looking forward to talking solar energy with everyone. Email or call/text with questions.

Peace,
Carly Cool
(09-23-2024, 09:24 AM)Carly Wrote: Hey Y'all, Today is the final day to sign up to host your home on the Jamestown Solar Tour, happening in 2 weeks.

We will be sharing information about our solar production (inverter app data), savings on Xcel bills, experiences with equipment, installers, and financing, and hanging out in the sunshine....

It would be great to have more JT and Bar K folks host their homes at tour sites. 

Please sign up at https://www.nationalsolartour.org/

Looking forward to talking solar energy with everyone. Email or call/text with questions.

Peace,
Carly Cool
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »