Comet Tsuchinshan-ATLAS from Rock Lake

This was Monday night (10/14) with the wind howling, so I didn't get any reflections off the lake.
The moon was out strong and washed out a lot of the sky, but provided some interesting ground lighting.
Note the long tail AND anti-tail, an optical illusion that will fade in the coming days.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(Yesterday, 10:01 PM)Scott Allen Wrote:  This was Monday night (10/14) with the wind howling, so I didn't get any reflections off the lake.
The moon was out strong and washed out a lot of the sky, but provided some interesting ground lighting.
Note the long tail AND anti-tail, an optical illusion that will fade in the coming days.

Awesome shot Scott....

Sal DeVincenzo ~ Lets Connect ~ Click Here
[Image: attachment.php?aid=245]

(Yesterday, 10:01 PM)Scott Allen Wrote:  This was Monday night (10/14) with the wind howling, so I didn't get any reflections off the lake.

Hi Scott, It was nice seeing you at the lake on Monday. I went back last night. While the comet was dimmer and the moon was brighter, the lake was like a mirror! I was able to get this shot. (I can see after uploading the BB does some major compression)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)