XCel robocalls
Is anyone else getting calls from Xcel every half hour?
I'm getting Xcel emails every half an hour. They are still assessing the power outage, every half hour.
Yes not just calls, email spam. Just deleted at least 19 emails telling me of my power outage none of which spoke of the restoration of power. Not really complaining here just acknowledging that they have more than just power delivery issues to deal with.
Grateful that once again my meter is spinning and the lights are on and the fact that I still have some to use.
Happy new year Xcel and everyone else.  Idea
Sal DeVincenzo ~ Lets Connect ~ Click Here
[Image: attachment.php?aid=245]
(12-31-2021, 08:27 PM)donkol Wrote: Is anyone else getting calls from Xcel every half hour?

Yep! Their automated system seems to be triggered every time there is a glitch in their matrix. I get random outage alerts on bright sunshiny days with no wind.

Go to Excel's site, log in, go to my account, my notifications, outage alerts, and deselect, save preferences.

Be aware, if you decide to do this, you will be left in the dark, oh wait, that comes without saying.

Like with all technology, the concept of instant up to date of being in the 'know' seems like a good idea, but then there is as with all things, that point of when excess becomes ridiculous.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »