Jamestown What's up with the blue flagging tape?
Jamestown 
Hi Jamestown community, 

We've started to have some property tours for the Jamestown forest restoration/fire mitigation project this week, and have been thrilled to have so many reach out with interest. If you're not aware of this project yet, please go to our website for all project materials and information: Jamestown Fire Mitigation | Left Hand Watershed Center

I wanted to let you know that the blue flagging tape you might start seeing on properties around town (we've only marked one property so far) are for trees that we would recommend keeping. Because the trees we want to keep are big beautiful ponderosa pines and the like, I wanted to make sure that there was no concern that marked trees would be removed. Hopefully as you start to work with us, you'll be comforted to learn that we are not suggesting clear-cuts (some folks have been surprised at how many trees we recommend keeping!). We'll also be there during implementation to make sure that all the correct tape is still there and that the right trees are going based on our conversations with the landowner. We've also heard a lot of concerns about erosion, and I wanted to relay that we are keeping that issue at the top of our minds (as a watershed-focused non-profit we are all about improving/maintaining water quality!) and so you'll see many more trees marked to keep on steep slopes. 

As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or conversations you'd like to have!

Thanks so much, 
Chiara
Forest Program Manager, Left Hand Watershed Center
cforrester@watershed.center
720-745-3160
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
What's up with the blue flagging tape? - by Chiara Forrester - 04-06-2022, 10:53 AM