From Camp Wojtyla
To the good people of Jamestown,

My name is Annie and I help around run a youth wilderness camp called Camp Wojtyla that operates up the road from you all at Cal-Wood. 

It has come to my attention that our staff have been driving the program vehicles too fast through your town. I want let you know that I have taken immediate action on this. I also  want to let you know how very sorry I am that this happened. I will be drilling this harder and harder into the future. I will not hesitate to take disciplinary action or even let volunteers go who fail to abide.

I further want to apologize for the rowdiness in the park across from the Merc last night. Our volunteers desperately wanted to have a picnic by the water and play basketball at the park.

Our staff are comprised of college students from around the world who come to volunteer all summer. Their hearts are so good, but their college energy is so big and not always situationally aware. We even have some past wrestlers who wanted to challenge each other on the flat terrain. My goodness, I am so sorry for disturbing your peace last night! I have spoken to the staff as a whole about a greater respect for those around them and especially towards the kind people of Jamestown who value their peaceful, quiet, mountain town and have a right to that being undisturbed. 

I deeply appreciate you all for so many things. I especially value the way you have preserved the beauty of this area. I promise you that we will do our best in the future to minimize impact and preserve not just the natural spaces, but the peaceful environment you all enjoy.

Please know of my deepest apologies and heartfelt gratitude.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
From Camp Wojtyla - by JamieP - 08-01-2022, 10:09 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by RobertH - 08-02-2022, 08:36 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by David Mans - 08-02-2022, 08:54 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Drew Allman - 08-03-2022, 09:35 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by kto - 08-03-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Seth-Strickland - 08-04-2022, 12:38 PM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Nancy Farmer - 08-07-2022, 11:31 AM