Cat issue :(
Hi folks, I have a distressing situation and a sincere, but unpopular ask. 

There's a dark tabby that hunts in my yard near JVFD, and it's been upsetting me for years.  I understand some still subscribe to the idea that roaming cats are OK, or even helpful at keeping 'pests' at bay, but they are a real nuisance to many of us. I'm also aware we have a pretty outdated ordinance on the matter, and it's a bummer. However, as a professional wildlife biologist, given the science and nature-loving stuff, it's stressful to watch someone's pet repeatedly strolling over to hunt bunnies, climb my trees to hunt birds, poop in my garden beds (toxoplasmosis, anyone?), and taunt my indoor cat.  I can tell you as a cat person, there are more responsible ways to engage your pet in fulfilling its glorious feline existence.

Please, if you have a cat you assume putting outside isn't hurting anything, think again.  Take the initiative to build it an outdoor enclosure so it's safe, stays on your property, and isn't torturing your neighbors and maiming wildlife. If you have a rodent issue, consider the source and employ better solutions for that problem.

Thanks for listening. I really hate posting stuff like this, but it's super frustrating. Argh.

~M Confused
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Cat issue :( - by Michelle - 08-01-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: Cat issue :( - by David L - 08-05-2022, 10:16 AM