From Camp Wojtyla
Tempest in a teapot - although I can't believe that someone would tell them that they weren't welcome to enjoy the evening at the big park as, "they don't really want anyone using the big park except for residents." Living right across the street from it, I see people out there all the time - some strangers, some locals, some in groups, some alone - it's a public municipal park, for heaven's sake! PUBLIC, as in anybody can use it. I don't know what the offensive post that Robert deleted was, who posted, or what it said, but I wonder if attacking Robert for being the gatekeeper is really warranted.

Annie's letter was posted because I personally was approached by a few people asking about the Camp Wojtyla vans driving through town too fast, so I told her about it. Also, apparently if someone chastised the counselors, they must have reported that to her. They're good folks, and they've been setting up their camp on Cal-Wood's property every summer for years. They work hard while the campers are there, and had earned a little respite at the end.  Some come to the Merc and spend money, some come and play basketball or picnic by the creek, just like all those folks that come up from town to listen to the free music and buy pizza and park all along the streets. They've taken down their camp and gone away till next summer, so we can relax about the Camp W counselors for now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
From Camp Wojtyla - by JamieP - 08-01-2022, 10:09 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by RobertH - 08-02-2022, 08:36 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by David Mans - 08-02-2022, 08:54 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Drew Allman - 08-03-2022, 09:35 AM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by kto - 08-03-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Seth-Strickland - 08-04-2022, 12:38 PM
RE: From Camp Wojtyla - by Nancy Farmer - 08-07-2022, 11:31 AM