Bears! Bears! Bears!
    Hey JimBillies ~

It IS BEAR SEASON again! 

I received a photo of LARGE Bear prints in the fresh snow up above Blue Jay near the chimney from Saturday! (photo attached)
Interesting fun fact:  I received a photo 1 year ago Saturday from Burt L of a Very Large Black Bear, in the same area.  Same Bear
I am guessing.  

If you are NEW to our mountains OR not sure how to Protect Your Property AND OUR BEARS,  post here and one of our 
SOB (Save Our Bears) Team will get in touch to brief you on how to CO-EXIST with OUR BEARS! 

TRASH is the Number 1 problem AND solution to keeping your property (homes, cars etc) safe from damage.  

Clean and Locked !
Homes and Automobiles. 
Stash Your Trash Properly!
Take in Bird Feeders at Night!  (or don't feed the birds)
Report sightings on the BB. (critical)

Bears learned to open car doors 30-40 years ago.  I often hear of Bears that get into cars but find "NO REWARD".  FYI:  When the CAR DOOR OPENS, that IS their 1st reward!
Trust me, you don't want a Bear in your home or automobile!

TRASH is the most powerful attractant for OUR BEARS.  It will lure them closer to your property and possible "mischief".
If you were smart, and purchased a Bear Proof Can, use it properly, wash it out now and then.  AND, Thank You for helping us Save Our Bears!
If you have a Bear Proof trash can, make sure you latch it properly!!!  Double check it or you might be feeding a Bear!

Black Sunflower Seed is like crack cocaine to a BEAR!  NOT GOOD!  And Bears are like Hummers, they remember where they got fed!!!

Reporting ALL BEAR encounters helps us manage and monitor OUR BEAR's activity.  We are in touch with CPW when a problem Bear is at risk. 
Report on the BB or contact me (I am in the JT Directory)

From 2014 - 2017 WE KILLED 4 BEARS in JIMTOWN. ONE each year.  If you have ever observed a BEAR in a TRAP, crying from fear, dehydration, stress; you will never forget it! 
I am happy to report that in 2022, we had the fewest BEAR ENCOUNTERS in JT than in any recent year prior.  In 2021 i counted between 10-15 different BEARS in our neighborhood!
In 2022, I accounted for only 5 BEARS!  THANK YOU JIMBILLIES for helping us SAVE OUR BEARS!  PROGRESS!  We CAN CO-Exist!  

Black Bears are very passive animals, simply trying to survive in the wild.  Let us respect all LIFE and "Live and Let Live"! 

Please help us SAVE OUR BEARS JT, Bar-K, Peaceful Valley, Ward and everyone in between!

~ SOB john

PS:  Everyone who sends me a picture of a LOCAL BEAR, MOUNTAIN LION or BOBCAT receives a "Save Our Bears ~ Jamestown" bumper sticker ! ! !   (while supply lasts)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-01-2023, 11:44 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-02-2023, 09:48 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-02-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-10-2023, 03:24 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-10-2023, 09:58 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Sal DeVincenzo - 05-11-2023, 08:08 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-12-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-15-2023, 06:33 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by mlanghoff - 05-17-2023, 10:11 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-17-2023, 11:08 AM