Bears! Bears! Bears!
Hey JimTOWN !  

We gots BEARS in the HOOD!  TODAY/Wednesday: hiking west of town on the trail that starts by Lenarcic's, off Gillespie Spur
about 100 yards in, I found a LARGE BEAR pooh full of millet bird seed right on the trail.  Disappointed to see bird seed had been ingested
but it happens.  Speaking to a local up there whom I know frequents the same trails, I learned there had been a larger pile of bird seed AND 
a plastic container/bucket that had contained the bird seed and was damaged and opened.  The thought is that this Large, Mature BEAR nabbed the
bucket of seed from someone's porch, deck, garage, etc.  Took it to the woods for a picnic.  HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

My intention is NOT TO BLAME OR SHAME ANYONE!  Accidents happen and it is easy to forget at times.  
Anything and everything that might be remotely edible/ingestible must be properly stored. 

SO if you are missing a bucket of small bird seed!  "Now you know, the Rest of the Story." 
I would also remind you that most likely OUR BIG BEAR will return for seconds.  Happens
every time, just like the Hummers.  So keep alert.  OUR BEARS have an uncanny ability
to show up at the most unexpected times. 

Photos for your viewing pleasure Wink

~ SOB john

PS:  If you are new to town and not sure how to be BEAR AWARE and Protect your homes and cars AND SAVE OUR BEARS LIVES,
post here or contact me.  Better safe than sorry ?!?

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-01-2023, 11:44 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-02-2023, 09:48 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-02-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-10-2023, 03:24 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-10-2023, 09:58 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Sal DeVincenzo - 05-11-2023, 08:08 AM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by Steven B in PV - 05-12-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by John Hardman - 05-15-2023, 06:33 PM
RE: Bears! Bears! Bears! - by mlanghoff - 05-17-2023, 10:11 AM