I have a new kitty and have a question for cat servants
I tried and tried but couldn't get Sushi & Kobe to use the pine pellets.  Experimented by topping the pine with a little clay, and there was some brief use but nothing afterward.  They didn't like  it, and the pine pellets were a mess to deal with.  Seemed like a good idea but the baked clay absorbs better, is easier to use, and it too, is natural.  It comes from the ground and goes back into the ground. 

I've used the spent clay litter to backfill low areas and topped it with composted wood chips and soil.  Given a couple years, the earthworms mix it all in with the peaty duff.  A result is great growth for the moose rhubarb, aspen, raspberry, Rocky Mountain Bee Plant, various penstemons, and other desirable native hummingbird plants.  Thanks to the earthworms and voles, it has provided a surprisingly nice soil balance.  The remaining pine pellets are being mixed in with transplant soil.

I hope you do well with the new cat, but I'd be very suspicious of any 12 year/64 year old cat that didn't hit the cat nip enthusiastically. 

And Btw, non native domestic cats are the aliens, so keeping them indoors-only is the super-ecological choice.

Steve

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a new kitty and have a question for cat servants - by Steven B in PV - 06-30-2023, 06:46 PM