Attack from Silver Tundra CLF Y82
For Lucia,

Thank you for sharing your side of this unfortunate and disturbing event in our community. It sounds like a difficult situation all around and my heart goes out to you and your husband and to Daniel, who was injured, but a violent response to even a frightening driving situation is unacceptable, period, no excuse.

As someone who has driven the roads from the Bar K to Boulder for many decades, I think that it’s important to know that people will sometimes drive crazy fast, frustratingly slow, recklessly, unpredictably, cyclists will swerve in front of your car and/or flip you off and domestic and wild animals may leap into your path. Things get snowy, icy, slippery and scary and someone might unintentionally slide into your car or you might slide into theirs. Anyone driving on these roads needs to be able to handle frustrating and frightening events and react to them in a way that does not endanger others. I’m not excusing Daniel or anyone else that might be driving recklessly or aggressively; it is just a fact of life up here that things like that happen.

Many of us in this community have PTSD from violent acts committed against us and this situation decreases our sense of safety. War is horrible and I respect your husband for his service and sacrifice, but he cannot express himself through violence against others, regardless of his situation. I encourage you both to get help and I will keep you in my thoughts. There may be folks in the community that will be able to connect you to supportive resources as well. I am sure that you will find many people in this lovely mountain community that will want to give you a warm welcome and to help where they are able.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attack from Silver Tundra CLF Y82 - by oakchezzar@gmail.com - 08-08-2023, 12:48 PM
RE: Attack from Silver Tundra CLF Y82 - by Julia - 08-09-2023, 01:02 PM