Gout!!! Need an MD recommendation or personal experience advice
Hi Robert, are you taking any blood pressure medicine?  Some blood pressure meds, particularly the diuretics- such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, can cause gout.  If you are taking BP meds, you might want to consider talking with your doctor and changing one of them to something else.  You should also look carefully at your diet and see if you can find a trigger food and eliminate it.  Preventing gout flare ups is better than medicating it, in my humble opinion. Every medicine you add to your pharmacological handbag has potential side effects, some short term- as your body adjusts to it, and some long term which can cause other health problems down the line, such as kidney failure, liver disease and other fun things.

The two most commonly prescribed meds to treat gout are colchicine and allopurinol, both of which have potential side effects that you should read about before taking.  Drugs interact with other drugs that you are taking as well, and cause other symptoms, which then can be medicated with more drugs until some patients are walking zombies.  Our medical profession is designed to keep you sick and medicate the symptoms.  I think people would be better off to find natural cures to things, even Chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, even Edgar Cayce.  Of  course, this usually requires lifestyle changes, diet changes and the releasing of emotional baggage that causes energy blockages in the body, and most people would rather just take a pill.  So be it.

My husband found that cranberry juice was triggering his gout flares and eliminating that had a huge impact on his flare ups.  I hope you find relief, whatever you do.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gout!!! Need an MD recommendation or personal experience advice - by Sandi C - 08-26-2023, 09:58 AM