October 4th Emergency Alert Testing
From our contact at the Boulder Office of Disaster Management:

Hello preparedness partners!

I wanted to share the following information regarding tomorrow’s test of IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) conducted by FEMA.  FEMA and the FCC will be conducting a nationwide emergency alert test tomorrow (Wednesday, October 4[sup]th[/sup], around 12:20pm MST).  The test alert will be sent through cellphones, tv, and radio, and will share that the message is a test and that no action is required.

A banner with this information is on our homepage at www.BoulderODM.gov, and posts have been made to our Facebook and Twitter as well with each linking to the press release with full details.

I know a good bit of information has been being shared regarding this test over the past weeks, so apologies if this is redundant information.  If you have any questions please let me know, and if you’re able to share this information out with community members and colleagues that you have touch points with (or serve as a resource point if people ask about it) that would be wonderful to help ease the types of questions that this test may bring up.

Thank you!

Monika

Monika Weber
Boulder Office of Disaster Management
3280 Airport Road
Boulder, CO 80301

O: 303-441-3647  C: 720-520-7602
mweber@bouldercounty.gov
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
October 4th Emergency Alert Testing - by Rose H-H - 10-03-2023, 09:05 PM