Golden Age Mine piece in Town Hall
Hi neighbors,

UPDATE:  Wow!  An anonymous donor just offered to pay for the restoration.  THANK YOU!

I'm curious if anyone would like to contribute for a cause (or if it's just my weird framer brain that feels something should be doneWink
I noticed that the framed Golden Age Mine piece in the Town Hall is in desperate need of some TLC (currently has no glass, mold, and is sagging out of the frame).  Mr. Maloney had an extensive collection and I feel like it would be worth preserving.
I'm more than happy to donate the plexiglass and labor to protect it, however the mold needs to be addressed before doing so.  I've got a quote from a local restoration contact for $300 to:
" This is something we see quite a bit. Mold and exposed air is not a friend to paper, but that stuff can be cleaned and neutralized with a deacidification bath, followed by it being linen backed(an archival mounting process).

That 's a lot of $ for me alone, but if any other folks would be interested in chipping in we can make it happen.  Please let me know.

Thank you for your consideration.
Thanks!
jes@boulderframeworks.com

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Golden Age Mine piece in Town Hall - by Jese Engwall - 02-16-2024, 12:24 PM