Everyone Current site projects
Lightbulb 
It’s been a busy Holiday season thus far and I wanted to keep in touch regarding the work taking place on our site. Below you will find a list of our current projects in the order of planned completion. If there are any other suggestions, please post them here. I can look into them and either add to the list or let you know why they are not feasible at this time.
  1. Publish QT Archive - The scraped data has been provided for both the Bar-k and Jamestown QT. There are challenges in publishing 18 years of archive data without negatively affecting the performance of our site. In addition, the format of the QT is dramatically different from the BB. To that end, I have decided to publish this data on two separate sub-domains. The data will be presented in an infinite scroll format with the ability to search the post body to limit results. Additional search/sorting requests will need to be discussed after the initial launch of this data and added to this list.
  2. Post Tags - Someone, somewhere, requested that we have the ability to tag posts as either for Jamestown or for Bar-K in the general discussion section. This functionality is supported and I should be able to implement it. However, there are several changes required to templates and stylesheets to make this functional.
  3. Display full post in email notifications - I have looked into this functionality and unfortunately it is not supported. There are options for changing core files on the site to make this happen but there are several drawbacks to performing a core edit. Unfortunately, the change would be reverted whenever the site is updated requiring a manual update of all changed core files. As these core files could change between updates, it would require time and effort to make sure the functionality is still working after each update. It may be possible to program a custom plugin that will implement this functionality, However, this would be a time intensive undertaking. I am leaving this on the list as low priority due to the complexity of implementation.  Provided Daily Digest with a 400 chars displayed per post.
  4. Turn on Thread Prefixes
That’s the list, I’ll update as items are completed or new items are requested.

Thanks,
Dan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Current site projects - by Dan.Novak - 12-12-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Current site projects - by GCouture - 12-12-2021, 02:37 PM
RE: Current site projects - by Laurel Wanrow - 12-13-2021, 06:45 AM
RE: Current site projects - by Hohensee - 12-13-2021, 06:53 PM
RE: Current site projects - by Dan.Novak - 01-15-2022, 04:11 PM
RE: Current site projects - by Nancy Farmer - 01-16-2022, 06:08 PM
RE: Current site projects - by RobertH - 03-11-2022, 12:43 PM
RE: Current site projects - by Hohensee - 03-11-2022, 02:40 PM