Woke to a bear on my porch!
Good morning Jillien!

Thanks for reporting your Bear sighting!  Our Bears are very hungry after their long winters nap
and the pickins are slim in the high country.  Grass, insects, road kill etc is pretty much it on the menu
for a while!  

I think all homes smell like a possible meal to OUR Bears, all the time,  They can smell food many miles away.
Keeping everything clean and locked will deter their entry.  You DO NOT want a BEAR in your house! 
Our Bears learned to open car doors decades ago.  You DO NOT want a BEAR in your car.   Trash is a huge attraction
and needs to be stashed appropriately.  You can use bleach to assist in managing the smells it creates.

When they DO come to visit, we need to make them UNWELCOME.  Make noise, bang pans together, blow an airhorn, 
yell at them (like a misbehaving child).  I DO NOT recommend sicking dogs on them!  These are powerful animals, no
match from most dogs. If they climb a tree, you pretty much have to leave them alone and they will leave when they feel
safe. 

I don't know where you live but it would be helpful for your neighbors to know where this Bear was.  Thank you for the intel.
If you have questions about how to be BEAR AWARE check out CPW (Colorado Parks and WIldlife) web sight or post here and
one of our Save Our Bear group will be happy to assist!  

It IS BEAR SEASON and will be until November!  

SAVE OUR BEARS ! 

~ SOB john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Woke to a bear on my porch! - by Jillien Fekete - 04-25-2024, 06:14 AM
RE: Woke to a bear on my porch! - by John Hardman - 04-25-2024, 08:49 AM
RE: Woke to a bear on my porch! - by Rose H-H - 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM
RE: Woke to a bear on my porch! - by John Hardman - 04-25-2024, 09:41 AM