Recommend Veterinary Emergency Group 29th St by Trader Joe's 720 738 9994
VEG rocks. My primary vet recommended this outfit when she was out of pocket. As fate would have it, Thomas Aquinas (medieval feline scholastic and jurist from Sicily) came down with breathing difficulties. It cost $180 for an exam and to put my mind to rest. For a reference point recently I paid $806 for an exam and X-Rays at a local vet clinic that my primary vet didn't recommend. Because of VEGs location, I was concerned that it would be outlandishly expensive, but that wasn't the case at all. VEG is a chain of 40 vet hospitals that just do emergency medicine. They are well capitalized, and have tech that you'd see in a hospital ER. They are well staffed, and have the personnel and expertise available to confer with colleagues. And hey - here's a winning concept - they answer the phone. The receptionists are trained in figuring out what you, the customer, need. For 24 hours after your encounter, you can call them or just show up and they'll give you more advice and their clinical impressions. The icing on the cake is that they email you and your vet their findings - other outfits are hit or miss in this department. 
They don't replace your primary vet.
They don't take insurance (as far as I can tell  as of  May 2024)
I wish I would have used them in the first place.
Their phone again:  720 738 9994

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Recommend Veterinary Emergency Group 29th St by Trader Joe's 720 738 9994 - by RobertH - 05-26-2024, 07:33 AM