Bat experts or enthusiasts?
Oddly enough, we have a bat inside our home as well; today is day 3 of mountain bat adventures!  It was quite active this morning when I came upstairs to get coffee.  I opened the door to try to get it to go outside the door, but it preferred flying into the windows.  We have now lost sight of it again, and will await our next exciting encounter! 

The last time we had a bat in the house, we opened the door and a second bat came in.  Always an adventure up here for sure!

Several years ago, we found a bat that caught himself in a humane mouse trap, and was making a lot of noise so we found him quickly.  The mouse trap never caught a mouse, but somehow caught a bat.  We were able to let the little fellow go, and it flew away.

Your bat might not be injured, just looking for a cozy spot to sleep for 20 hours or so, I think that they are pretty snoozy creatures.  I would put the bucket outside and see if he flies away. I’ll bet he does. 

We did capture one years ago and contacted Boulder County and they came out to check it for rabies, but they have to kill it to check.  The last two times we were just able to let them fly out of the house.  I hope this one will fly out soon, I’m ready for a peaceful, uneventful finale of this rendition of mountain bat adventures!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bat experts or enthusiasts? - by LSarah - 07-28-2024, 07:18 AM
RE: Bat experts or enthusiasts? - by Sandi C - 07-28-2024, 10:34 AM
RE: Bat experts or enthusiasts? - by LSarah - 07-28-2024, 11:31 AM