Everyone JT HALLOWEEN Sat. 10/29
Hello all,

I wasn’t planning on commenting on this thread, as I live outside of town limits, and my child won’t attend the school until next year. However, the pot seems to be fairly stirred at this point, so here goes.

We have come to love and appreciate the town treat-or-treat route and would never question the plan of it being held on Halloween itself, as that’s all I’ve ever known. Personally, we have an odd schedule with our business and were very much looking forward to getting to spend Monday night together enjoying the community tradition.

I’m not trying to ruffle any extra feathers, so we can we just decide on a plan at this point??
It seems as though there are town folks who are planning to open their doors and share their candy on Monday night (Saturday night plans aside).

If that is the case, how will we know which houses are participating which night? Lights on or off?

For those who are in the “Trick-or-treat-on-Halloween night” club, can we plan to start in the little park at 6pm and enjoy the route from there?

I know the Merc will be passing out candy on Monday night as well, so we can either start or end there.

I really just want to know a plan, as I don’t want our daughter to miss out. We are so grateful to be a part of this community and she’s been talking about trick or treating since July.

Finally, I would be thrilled to be able to participate in the Jamestown festivities, since we moved out of Boulder for a reason.
Thanks for asking for and providing some clarity about Halloween night trick-or-treating, Whitney.  Porch lights on sounds like a great way to clue folks in that treats are available.  Rumor has it there will be some available on Ward Street. Wink Heart

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »