Power returns Monday…
Xcel just changed estimate to 2pm tomorrow April 9 for us in the Bar-K Sad    
I just read that in the bar-k we are getting it back 2 pm tomorrow.
(04-08-2024, 10:35 PM)Sharon N Wrote: I just read that in the bar-k we are getting it back 2 pm tomorrow.

THAT would be nice.
This is just ridiculous. On the news last night Xcel said they would give themselves a B- this planned outage. I give them a Z-!
The outtage map nows show power restoration time at 2pm today.
Just reported our continuing outage in Bar-k and response said restored by 2pm. Not betting.
There are 10 or so completely snapped/down power lines between the Greenbriar and the Yellow Barn.  I am really glad they were de-energized when these babies crashed down into the dry grasses and I'm certain this kind of event and post-event cleanup is truly putting a heavy load on xcel's resources. I'll likely be taking advantage of IRA and the ITC and investing in a grid-tie/battery backup system this summer and/or generator system.  I've had enough after 4 days of glamping lol. I took a little video of the snapped poles:  https://youtube.com/shorts/yffzQuT0974?feature=shared
Thanks Melissa, we have a generator though it’s been a little goofy this time. Appreciate the info about the snapped poles. Glamping Smile
And 2pm came and went…. New update from Xcel is 11pm Sad
(04-09-2024, 02:03 PM)lanochow Wrote: And 2pm came and went…. Wonder what the next update will be from Xcel

I was wondering the same thing.  Can anybody tell me where they see estimates for power restoration on the Xcel website?   I see updates they are working on it but no ETA's.  Thankful we have a generator as I work from home but still an inconvenience as we turn it off at night and it doesn't power everything.
Update is 11pm now… this is getting so ridiculous

(04-09-2024, 02:14 PM)dgaraghty Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 02:03 PM)lanochow Wrote: And 2pm came and went…. Wonder what the next update will be from Xcel

I was wondering the same thing.  Can anybody tell me where they see estimates for power restoration on the Xcel website?   I see updates they are working on it but no ETA's.  Thankful we have a generator as I work from home but still an inconvenience as we turn it off at night and it doesn't power everything.

Here is the website
https://co.my.xcelenergy.com/s/outage-sa...age-status

Latest update on the website says 11PM now
Thanks for the link!   Agree!  This is ridiculous!  Does anyone know if the power lines that are downed and sheared off on 36 are the cause of what is taking so long?   Curious to know if they are connected with our power lines in the Bar K.
This is getting ridiculous, they are saying 11 pm tonight for restoration.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »