Power returns Monday…
Worthy of a call and official complaint to the PUC in my view. What a mess.
Can someone clarify if this thread is mainly up top- Bar K area or is JT proper still out too?  When I click the map it says power was restored in town last night at 8:45pm....I haven't received any updates that included a time frame...
Thanks in advance!
I can’t speak to JT status but Bar-k is still out as of 2:35pm. My excel update now says 11pm restoration. Wow.
(04-09-2024, 02:34 PM)Jese Engwall Wrote: Can someone clarify if this thread is mainly up top- Bar K area or is JT proper still out too?  When I click the map it says power was restored in town last night at 8:45pm....I haven't received any updates that included a time frame...
Thanks in advance!
Go to the Xcel link above and put in your account phone number. You should see your location’s time frame.
Jamestown is lit, the communities west of Jamestown are not.
(04-09-2024, 02:37 PM)Jay Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 02:34 PM)Jese Engwall Wrote: Thanks Jay- I did that and it said restored last night.  Guess I'll find out after work Wink

Can someone clarify if this thread is mainly up top- Bar K area or is JT proper still out too?  When I click the map it says power was restored in town last night at 8:45pm....I haven't received any updates that included a time frame...
Thanks in advance!
Go to the Xcel link above and put in your account phone number. You should see your location’s time frame.
(04-09-2024, 02:34 PM)Jese Engwall Wrote: Can someone clarify if this thread is mainly up top- Bar K area or is JT proper still out too?  When I click the map it says power was restored in town last night at 8:45pm....I haven't received any updates that included a time frame...
Thanks in advance!

https://co.my.xcelenergy.com/s/state-sel...age-status
(04-09-2024, 02:39 PM)O'B's Wrote: Thanks Chris!

Jamestown is lit, the communities west of Jamestown are not.
If you look at the map, most people's restoration time is 11pm this evening, be it us, or people in Denver, etc. If the time is shared by many different outages, all over Colorado, it probably actually means "we haven't actually started working on it yet and we don't have a genuine estimate but we'll use this placeholder time to keep people off our backs." because the likelihood that multiple places have the exact same restoration time is infinitesimally small since each outage has independent causes.

In other words, we have no idea when the electricity will be restored and there's no point relying on Xcel's estimate for us until it differs from everyone else's estimate.
They’re being really weird. When I checked the updates, it said Jamestown restoration will be 430 today in our area 11 this evening. It’s like nobody knows what they’re doing.
What is odd is the transmission feeder lines that serve the subdivisions for B-K, S-R and Matoon come up from JT. If there are line issues further west of these subdivisions they can be isolated by disconnecting them at the 3-auto balancing transformers along Overland close to the Glacier View Camp road entrance. There are options Xcel can utilize to restore power up here now that JT is lit, but they are probably so frazzled with everything they are not thinking logically and restoration efforts are based on a hard grid pattern.
Now I’m seeing 9 pm !
I don’t believe that either.
What say you all ?
Live in Bar K
Power was restored on Bramer Road around 5:20!!!
(04-09-2024, 05:38 PM)Linda B Wrote: Power was restored on Bramer Road around 5:20!!!

Wow hoping that’s us soon — we’re up on Rock Lake Rd in Bar-K ??

(04-09-2024, 05:42 PM)oliviawaller Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 05:38 PM)Linda B Wrote: Power was restored on Bramer Road around 5:20!!!

Wow hoping that’s us soon — we’re up on Rock Lake Rd in Bar-K ??

The ?? Was meant to be a fingers crossed emoji lol

(04-09-2024, 03:59 PM)Claudinator Wrote: Now I’m seeing 9 pm !
I don’t believe that either.
What say you all ?
Live in Bar K

Mine still says 11pm for Rock Lake Rd in Bar-K
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »