Dog barking way up past Owens flats
Mark and I are all the way up past Owens flats trying to find a dog who has been barking for hours. It sounds like it’s somewhere near the cabin. Is anyone missing a dog? Not sure what to do as it’s getting dark soon. ?

It’s a white husky with an orange vest chasing a mooae
Karla ~ I think that may be Junesy, who belongs to Deborah and Mark just up the road from you.   I called and left them a message.  I heard the barking too and we had just been up to owens flats.  That was around 4PM.  There has been a cow moose hanging around up there last few days.
Thanks John- we were worried it was you and Leila and that maybe something had happened. Mark heroically went straight up the side of the ridge to track the sound to its source, saw the Dog with the moose, called the dog who looked at him, and then went right back to its mission of barking at moose. I hope she comes home tonight. ??
If it is Junesy, and it sounds like it is.  The "orange vest" id's her as Lila and I run into her and her Mom up top once in a while.
She ran into a Bear a couple weeks ago as well.  She is a little over a year old and exploring her world.  Hope she is careful.  
Moose don't run away from Dogs like Deer do.  They stand their ground and can hurt a dog, like they handle wolves. 

PS:  Thanks for thinking of me.  Lila and I run into all kinds of Forest Friends up in the hills. Lila gives the Moosies a lot of room.
       We were up having a conversation with your Great Horned Owl the other day Wink
I hope Junesy is back home by now —seems she's got that wolf energy in her for sure. Just as I was thinking of her this morning I heard some barking nearby, which had me thinking maybe she did Smile I'm curious about where she ran into the bear!
Our GHO friends have been vocal lately! One of the best sounds there is.
Hoping to catch some glimpses sometime soon.  Smile
Hey Karla ~  The BEAR encounter was up in the Owens Flats area, from what I was told.  OUR BEARS are awake, though a bit confused and sluggish this early in the season.  We'll be seeing more of them soon.  Junesy is still a Pup.  It took  Lila a while to realize she was not going to catch a deer, but she still tried from time to time.  It's not a bad thing IMO to have a good Watch Dog in the neighborhood!  ^-_-^
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »