Bar-K Roads
Howdy,
Have any of the roads in the Bar-K been plowed yet? Crockett has not.
Thanks,
Buzz
The plow just went by on Ranch - a little late.
no plow on Hickok yet.
I just called the County road maintenance supervisor and left a msg asking him to send some guys up here to do some more plowing any cleaning up.

IMHO the road crew usually does a great job, but yesterday’s plowing wasn’t so great. It seemed like the plow driver was inexperienced or having an off day. And it wasn’t like the County was overwhelmed with snow down below, which would be a reason it was just a quick job.

I explained that we still have 1 1/2 lanes at best in parts of our subdivision, which makes passing really difficult. Also the big snow berms at intersections force us to drive thru and run the risk of high centering or hitting oncoming vehicles.

And with more snow is coming early next week, it’d be good to get this stuff moved out of the way before then.

I said I hoped that he could send his crew up today or this weekend to do that.

Anyway, fingers crossed that we’ll see the crew up here doing more soon.
Give them a smile and a friendly wave/thumbs up if they do show up.
blade came by and improved things.
I spoke to TJ in the road maintenance department as well. With the last few snows, the plow has missed the end of Tilghman in front my house.

TJ was so patient and kind and explained that they are extremely short staffed and down 19 positions. He and his operations manager were both out in this storm plowing because they’re so short staffed. Our “normal” plow person worked the night shift and they had someone brand new working the day shift so he said he would talk to them and explain these concerns.

If you’re feeling frustrated, definitely let him know like Brooke did but definitely come at it with kindness (as I’m sure Brooke did ☺️).

“The whole world is short staffed”
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »