Cemetery Bear
7:15 this evening-  a bear I would say was quite black and larger than medium was sitting just above the driveway at 60 Cemetery Rd.  It watched us without moving until we moved past and then it moved off toward the cemetery.  Possibly the same bear we had seen over the hill from there last Summer.
Hey Burt ~ 

Thanks for the BEAR INTEL!   Might be that same guy who knocked over the dumpster at the school yesterday. 
I will ask Beth if she has access to the school surveillance footage to ID that guy too. 

BEAR SEASON FOLKS !

Clean AND Locked
Cars AND Homes
Stash that Trash
Take in bird feeders at night
Report all sightings &/or evidence of BEAR presence HERE on the BB  
Tell your neighbors who may not frequent the BB

Please Do Not Feed Our BEARS !  ANYTHING !  

Don't know what to do to be BEAR PROOF?
Post here or call me.   303.939.9797

~ SOB john
Past the Cemetery Bear:  Weds evening 7:45.  Past the East tailings pond where the creek path starts back up.  Small bear with some reddish brown tints was in the creek.  Must have seen us but never really looked our way and then went up in to the brush on the South side.
Hey Burt ~

Thanks for the BEAR sighting post.  That sounds like "Lil Red" the Knucklehead.  125 libs +/-.
That's the guy I saw a couple weeks ago coming up from the river toward Joy and Oak's place.
I think he was coming up from a dip in the river that time too.  He was all wet. 

He/she is one of the Young BEARS I am concerned about.  Lil Red hung around town allot last year.

DO NOT FEED OUR BEARS JT, Bar-K, Cal-Wood. Balarat !

~SOB john
I had Nellie on the leash last night to take her out to do her business before bed, and as we walked out the door, she went on alert and started barking and pulling on the leash. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up - I didn't see the bear, but I'm 99% positive she did! We went back in directly. (I'm at 60 Cemetery where Burt saw it on the 21st - right in the bear pathway, apparently!)
(05-27-2022, 04:05 PM)Nancy Farmer Wrote: I had Nellie on the leash last night to take her out to do her business before bed, and as we walked out the door, she went on alert and started barking and pulling on the leash. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up - I didn't see the bear, but I'm 99% positive she did! We went back in directly. (I'm at 60 Cemetery where Burt saw it on the 21st - right in the bear pathway, apparently!)

Thanks Nancy!  I suggest always trusting your Dog.  Many times I have questioned Lila's "alerts", only to find out she was right all along. 
We have lots of wildlife cruising the hood.  Especially after dark!

~ j

PS:  Sara Jane sounded great Wednesday night !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »