More BEAR CUB Sightings !
JimBillies ~

I am now thinking OUR BEAR DU JOUR is a Juvenile and not a "cub".  I presume it is Black but can't confirm, as it has been second hand information. 
Usually, if a Bear is Red, Brown or Blonde, people will include that detail.  IF you have seen our "Knucklehead Bear" post what color and size you saw, HERE PLEASE!
And many thanks for the Intel!  

THIS BEAR was spotted in a yard by the school @ 3:30PM, Thursday.  Not the time of day you would normally expect to see OUR BEARS IN TOWN!
A MAMA BEAR has not been reported YET.  At least not to me!  WINK WINK   Tongue   I am in the JT Directory,  TEXT me @ 303.898.2205 if that is easier.
Be sure to include date, time, location,color and size of Bear and what you observed them doing. 

Don't be afraid to "haze" a Bear in your space.  Make noise, yell at them to go away, make them aware that it is not OK to be hanging out in town.
Pay attention to your pets, they usually know and act different when wild animals are around.  Lila is always sniffing out the window this time of year. 

Juvenile Bears are still trying to figure out life!  (I still struggle with the concept to this day)  Bears are smart, industrious and lazy.  Easy food sources; trash, bird seed, compost only distracts our bears from the natural food sources we want them to pursue.  Once they get a taste for Human Foods, it becomes their MO.  Eventually getting them into trouble for breaking into cars and homes.  Doing damage etc.  Putting their life at risk of dying, at the hands of Humans; where the problem started in the first place.   

PLEASE REPORT ALL BEAR SIGHTINGS!

Help us SAVE OUR BEARS JimTown!

~ SOB john
Thanks as always, John, for the education and reminders on keeping bears, and us, safe from each other.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »